by schancia

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Fruit of Emotions not harvestable from trees

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Planting fruit from the Tree of Emotions.
What happens when the bug occurs? The fruit appears flying, I can't harvest the fruit I see.
What do you expect to see? The tree growing before producing fruit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, I hope this is useful/helpful, I think this is a glitch or something but I'm not sure if it only happens to me/it's something I did; what happened was after my sim returned from the jungle I planted some the fruit (all different colors) she collected from different trees of emotions, the next simday the fruit just showed flying on top of the plant and I'm not able to harvest what I see (for some reason the 4th plant didn't grow the flying fruit), here's a pic:

Sims glitch.png

So I waited until the trees were fully grown, I can harvest the ones that showed the flying fruit previously (except for the 4th tree).

sims glitch 2.png

And finally I replanted all the fruit but the glitch didn't happen again, there were no flying fruit. (The 4th plant is still not producing fruit, though)

Message 1 of 11 (1,670 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Fruit of Emotions not harvestable from trees

Hero
Hi @schancia

at what point did you remove your mods/cc ? After you had the flying fruit or did it happen with no mods/cc added ?

Did it happen to any other trees ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,617 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi! It happened when I was using no mods whatsoever. I tried planting everything else multiple times and it didn't happen again. I have to try replanting fruit originally harvested at the jungle again and see what happens.

Thanks for replying!
Message 3 of 11 (1,601 Views)

Hero
I can duplicate this issue although I think it's a visual issue. They don't seem fully grown when you see the flying fruit so they can't be harvested.

I'll add it anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,573 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [JA] Fruit of Emotions not harvestable from trees

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,540 Views)

Champion

I also saw the "flying fruit" (good name for it! Large smile  ) on one of my trees that a Sim planted when she returned  from vacation.  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 11 (1,492 Views)

★ Pro

I'm having this issue too since the Jungle stuff. When I delete a tree with "flying fruits" they reamin "flying" in the air..lol. But I can direct my Sim to those fruits and make him eat them. After that they are gone.

Message 7 of 11 (1,398 Views)

Hero

Is this still happening ? 

@LuvMySimz @schancia @PugLove888

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes, it still happens in my game. You can eat them and harvest them from the air lol.

Message 9 of 11 (1,265 Views)

Hero
Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,254 Views)