by dr0pdeadappleb0y

Original Post

[OPEN] [JA] Can't send artifacts to be authenticated

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Laundry Day Stuff, Bowling Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to send artifacts to be authenticated by mail.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try sending the artifacts by mail to be authenticated, but the option is greyed out and it says "You must be on your home lot to do this", which I am. This started when I moved from an apartment to a house. While living in the apartment, which was my first home, I was able to send them. After moving the option was greyed out. My whole family has been moving with me, along with all the stuff, so there should be nothing tying my sim to the previous apartment.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to send the artifacts since I am on my home lot and my sim has plenty of money to do that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Since it is in Finnish in the picture, I'll translate: On the top it says "Put in inventory". On the greyed out option on the bottom it says "Send to be authenticated (25$)". When I hover my mouse over it it gives the explanation "Alva must be on her home lot to do this". She is at home, standing inside the house. Trying to send the artifacts using her husband doesn't help either, the option is still greyed out.

Any ideas what I should do? This is my legacy family so I'd rather not save the family to gallery and start all over again with them, since they'd lose their relationships with previous generations and also lose all the artifacts from her inventory I think? I'd really really really like to get this problem resolved since I don't want to authenticate all of the 30+ artifacts manually (It takes. FOREVER.)

Oh, and also: I don't have any CC anymore, I haven't used them in this game save at all. I have never used any mods. My game is up to date. I only have this one saved game, this is the only family that is active and that I play with.

Thanks in advance!

Edit By Crinrict: adjusted tag

Message 1 of 12 (5,876 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [JA] Can't send artifacts to be authenticated

Hero
Do you also get this for stuff you collected after you moved ? Did you have the items in your inventory or household inventory when you moved ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (5,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, all of the stuff. All the ones I had previously and also the ones I collected from my vacation just now (I came back from the vacation about 10 minutes before posting here). I had the items in my sim's own inventory. Thanks for your fast response!

EDIT: It seems that moving to another lot fixed the issue for me. Sucks that I lost the house though. :D

Message 3 of 12 (5,816 Views)

Hero
Can you try moving back to that house that had the issue ? What lot wast that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (5,808 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi! Yes, I tried moving back and was able to send the artifacts by mail with no problem. The lot was in Windenburg, the one on the map that I have circled with red. It's a 40x30 lot named "Kesäkoto" in Finnish, which translates to "Summer home". 

Message 5 of 12 (5,784 Views)

Hero
Guess it's a temporary glitch then.

Putting this on feedback to see if others have the same issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (5,782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I have this issue. My sim has not moved at any time. She cannot send artifacts away to be authenticated on the first home lot she has lived on. The lot is in Brindleton Bay. I moved her onto the lot and sent her to Selvadorada right away. I then placed a house from the Gallery.
Message 7 of 12 (5,760 Views)

Hero
Could you try if switching to a different lot and back solves it ? Maybe just moving out and back in.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (5,757 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem here.

I'm going to test out if I can send the artifact when I move my sim. I'll edit with my findings later.

But still, it's ridiculous that I have to move my sim first to be able to send the artifact to be authenticated, right? 

Message 9 of 12 (5,395 Views)

★★★ Pro
@crinrict I am also having this issue. My Sim was at the vacation lot and he could not mail the artifacts. He was able to mail the crystals just fine. He was only able to mail the artifacts when he returned home from vacation.
Message 10 of 12 (4,042 Views)