by SimGuruIcarus

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [JA] Armored Catfish looses description

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content released
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Catch fish in Selvadorada, return home. Armored catfish has no info but name and fish can't be dragged into fridge.
What happens when the bug occurs? As above
What do you expect to see? Complete description for armored catfish, i.e. weight, freshness etc. and the ability to drag into fridge when sim returns from vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After returning from vacation I noticed that the Armored Catfish description lists only its name.  I also was unable to drag any fish in his inventory into the fridge.  Home lot being played on was Crick Cabana in WC.  The pic shows 3 fish in sim inventory.  I don't recall if he caught the Cichlid in Selvadorada or at the Science career lot before he left.  I thought I recalled that one being caught at the Science career lot before leaving for vacation but can't swear to it.

The freshness shown was foul for the Cichlid and Tambaqui but since no info shows for the Armored Catfish, don't know about it.  I sent the sim to fish at the park lot in OS the next day.  He caught a Cichlid and when he went home, I was able to drag the new fish into the fridge but none of the others.

This is a brand new save started on a fresh install of the game on a new computer.

Message 1 of 13 (1,181 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Caught Fish loose description

Hero
Do you know if it's only that type of fish ? The ones I caught in Selvadorada are fine.

Can you replicate it on another fish ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,145 Views)

★ Pro

AFAIK, it's only the armored catfish that doesn't show anything other than a name.  The Tambaqui caught in Selvadorada showed all relevant data but it, too, couldn't be dragged into a fridge after returning home, along with the cichlid.

Could you drag the fish to the fridge on returning home?  I still think the cichlid that couldn't be dragged was in the sim's inventory when he left on vacation.  That's one of the reasons I used problem in my title rather than being more specific.  I wasn't sure the only problems were the lack of descriptive info on the armored catfish and inability to drag.  If I am remembering correctly that the cichlid was already in inventory, then it broke fish already in inventory as well.

I haven't taken the sim back to Selvadorada as yet to try and replicate but will now that I have the problem fish out of his inventory.  Earlier today I took him to GF to test whether or not those fish could be roasted for eating and they could.  I will take him back to Selvadorada the next time I play and see what happens if he catches an armored catfish.  He caught a yellow perch in GF and it worked fine on his return.  Description was intact and fish could be dragged to the fridge.  Since he caught it right before he left it wasn't considered foul on his return like the Selvadoradian fish.  I don't know if freshness of the fish was a factor in what I encountered.  

Message 3 of 13 (1,133 Views)

Hero
Problem is always so generic and doesn't help find a thread so I changed it for the time being. It might be more but it's about helping other people find the thread when they search for it.

I will need to check on the fridge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,115 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hi @dolldrms1

We tested this at our end and we are able to see the desciption.

Do you mind sending us your save files?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

And also thanks for asking for extra info Crin!

Message 5 of 13 (1,105 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus, I don't think sending my current set of saves will be helpful because I let the sim go to GF and roast the problematic fish in inventory.  I've saved well beyond the point of being able to see the lack of description for the Armored Catfish.  The Armored Catfish was the only fish that didn't show a complete description, the others did.

Can you replicate not being able to drag fish caught in Selvadorada to the fridge?  I did send the sim to fish there last night.  He caught 2 Tetras, 2 Bass and 2 Tambaqui.  On return to the home world, none of them could be dragged to the fridge.  The only outlines for placement were the sim himself and a chest for collectibles storage.  If you can't replicate that, lmk and I'll send the current saves to you.  Unfortunately, he didn't catch another Armored Catfish but I'll keep trying to see if I can replicate the description issue with it.  I will, of course, be happy to provide save files if the description problem is again present.

@crinrict, Granted, "problem" is at best vague but since technically there were multiple issues, I honestly didn't know the best way to word the title.  I don't mind at all that you changed the title to what you thought best to aid simmers find a thread with their problem.

As mentioned above, all I can confirm that was replicated at this point is that fish caught in Selvadorada can't be dragged to a fridge.  It was late and I was tired when I tried to retest this last night.  Consequently, I missed the step of having the sim have a fish caught in the home world in his inventory prior to leaving for vacation.  I'll try again to see if I can replicate fish already in inventory also getting to the point where they can't be dragged to a fridge either.  

Message 6 of 13 (1,096 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @dolldrms1

By design, fish that does not have a high enough freshness cannot be placed in the fridge.

Could this be causing the behaviour you are seeing? 

Thanks for the help! And please, if you manage to encounter armored catfish again with no description, please send the saves our way Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (1,093 Views)

★ Pro

@SimGuruIcarus, Aha!  I specified the freshness because I wondered if the inability to drag the foul state might be by design.  I thought I had dragged foul fish in the past but obviously, I'm not remembering correctly.  Thanks for clearing that up.

@crinrict, thanks to the clarification, it would appear that the Armored Catfish not showing a description is the only legitimate issue, unless it was a one time glitch.  Until I can catch another one I won't know.  I think those little pixel catfish have all gone into hiding in my game right now.  I've made 3 trips back to try and catch one with no success, lol.  

Message 8 of 13 (1,056 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Did you have any luck getting a description-less fish again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (893 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict  No, but not for the lack of trying, lol!  I've had sims from 3 different families make trips and nobody has caught an Armored Catfish.

That does bring me to something I will mention.  Since this happened, I read the fishing section of a game guide online.  That guide says the catfish can only be caught on the island, which isn't where my sim caught it.  He was on that dock near the cantina/market area.  If the fish wasn't supposed to be able to be caught there, I wonder if that caused the lack of a description.  I haven't even had a sim make it to the island section of the map.

Since this may turn out to be a one time glitch, which we all know can happen, I really don't think it needs to be added to your bug list right now.  Unless you have it happen, or others start reporting it, leaving it "to test" is probably sufficient until I can manage to get a sim to catch another one of the catfish and see what happens.  I will report back with results.  Sound like a good plan to you?   

Message 10 of 13 (889 Views)