Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Issues with reviving plants

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Twigs Can't Be Obtained

★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus

Sorry for the late reply on this.

Using the recommendation of taking cuttings that @simvasion gave, I was able to get a dead plant to test this on.

But I ran into another issue.

My Sims don't have the option to revive dead plants unless...

... they're in an Inspired-type mood. (pardon the room being dark, I had to go stand in a different room that had inspiring decor)

I also tried a few other moods, like Happy or Confident, but they also didn't give the Sim the option to Revive Dead Plants.

The option was available only when my Sim was Inspired, which is strange, because according to what I've heard, it should be tied to the Sim's Gardening skill, which is 10 in this case.

What's additionally weird is that Gardening is supposed to benefit from Focus, so even ignoring that the option should always be available once your skill level allows it, why would it be Inspired-specific rather than Focus-specific?

Anyways, aside from that bit of weirdness, choosing the option to revive the dead plant did indeed revive the plant.

And, sorry for the inconvenience, but I no longer had the Whim to revive plants, so I wasn't able to test if reviving plants did indeed fulfill it, and my Sims didn't seem to want to roll the Whim again.  I'll keep trying for a while, but I don't know how I originally got the Whim in the first place anyways, since I didn't even have dead plants back then.

Message 11 of 13 (291 Views)

Re: Twigs Can't Be Obtained

★★★★ Pro

I know I’ve reat that being focused helps with gardening, which ties to researching gardening making a sim focused, however my inspired sims have always rolled whims to plant when they are inspired, and I think even to harvest, so I’ve always found being inspired also helps. That said I’ve never noticed my sims needing to be inspired to revive a plant, but will check if that’s an issue for me to next time I get a chance (ie by taking a couple of cuttings to see if that will cause it to die 🙂)

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 12 of 13 (284 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Issues with reviving plants

Hero
Added this as needs input and changed the title a bit as it seems to be escalating :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 13 (259 Views)