by SisterGloomy

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Issues placing/removing Spandrels

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download this save: http://modthesims.info/d/623726/new-year-new-sims-rebuilt-worlds.html Go to Newcrest. Enter buildmode on the Lawrence household. Click on spandrels and drag the mouse around.
What happens when the bug occurs? Spandrels glitch out.
What do you expect to see? Normal spandrels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Don't remember the patch. But after the one that lets you chose column height.

Saw this after a patch on old builds. And I can't for the life of me get it to work and be straight or remove them.
It took some work but I did remove the spandrels and it was fine until holiday lights came up and the spandrels appeared again.
And trying to build new spandrels does nothing. The game wants to place them where the lights are but they appear all over.
Why is this happening and how to fix?

Message 1 of 8 (3,302 Views)

Re: Spandrel issues

Hero
@SisterGloomy To be sure: Can you duplicate this on a different save than the one from MTS as well or just that particular save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,218 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes. I don't even play on that save. I just copied some of the houses from it.
This glitch also appear on Chateau peak in Del sol valley, on the fences leading up to the house. You can place spandrels over those fences and also around the trees on the lot. The spandrels won't appear until you drag you mouse around alot. And when they do appear not all of them do, it's patchy like in the pictures I attached.
This issue might only appear when the fence isn't connected to a house? And the glitch only appears on the ground floor on a lot.

Message 3 of 8 (3,172 Views)

★★ Guide

Buy spandrels on the fence on the Parkshore lot in Willow creek. The spandrels don't appear until you drag the mouse around.

Message 4 of 8 (3,166 Views)

Breaking spandrels glitch

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to place some spandrels outside so I can hang the holiday lights on them. However, they show up like *this*. What's going on and how to I fix it? I added pillars and when I try to change the height of the pillar the spandrel disappears entirely.

Message 5 of 8 (3,150 Views)

Re: Breaking spandrels glitch

Hero
@RangerArden I merged your post with another report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (3,119 Views)

★★ Guide
@RangerArden So nice to see I'm not the only one having these issues.
Message 7 of 8 (3,112 Views)

★ Novice

Had this happen to me too in Brindleton Bay, they wont show up on 1 wall, the game wants to put them on a whole room, and even then it shows up with spots missing. 

Message 8 of 8 (3,096 Views)