Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Invites to social events from NPC's End Within Seconds

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all ep's and sp's except for the vampire sp.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim send a text to a friend or romantic interest while in a happy or flirty mood and wait for that friend or romantic interest to send a request back, asking if your sim would like to hangout someplace. Accept the request at whatever location that your sims friend or romantic interest chooses and the timer will start at the top left, along with stating if you're hanging out with friend or possibly on a date.
What happens when the bug occurs? The timer starts it's countdown. Mine started at 4hrs I think and started to countdown and then it just disappeared around the 3 hours mark. Like the very early 3 hours mark. Last, I looked at it, it said 03hr47 and after that, the outing ended. The timer disappeared.
What do you expect to see? The timer is suppose to do a full countdown from 5hrs to 00 or from 4hrs, 3hrs whatever time frame it starts at, it's suppose to last the full 5,4, or 3 hours. Instead it seems to end within 30 seconds or less. I don't even want to say 30sec. It seems like it end sooner than that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As I mentioned above, my sim sent a happy text to his girlfriend and she invited him out to a park. As soon as they got there, the timer for the hangout started and is always displayed at the top left corner in the game. I believe the timer started around the 4hr. mark and then I noticed it went to 03hr47. As soon as I took my eyes off of it, the timer was gone as if the hangout session had ended. I wanted to test my theory to see on whether or not this issue was caused by a mod, so I took all of my mods out of my game and I still had this issue regardless. I've been having this issue for a long time. For maybe over a year. I saw another post regarding a similar issue where sim would disappear off the lot as soon as they get there, which I had that issue at one point, too. However, it was slightly fixed but I do get invited from sims such as teens, children and other sims who will still leave the lot. Probably because I get these invites around the time that the sims are suppose to be at school or work. However, I also feel that if they send the invite, they shouldn't leave and I get this a lot with the kids and teen sims who want to play hooky. Either way, the event ends. As for my current issue that I mentioned above, the sim who invites my sim out after he or she sends a happy or flirty text, actually does stay on the lot that she invited him to but the timer for that event just disappears. The timer moves at a regular pace as it counts down. It doesn't speed up or anything. It just counts down for a few seconds and then it's gone as if the outing ended. I have no idea what is causing this issue or if it's just some sort of glitch within my game only that hasn't cleared. I say this because even though the sims team has claimed to fix the glitch where sims who ate the fruitcake and felt that every food after that was nasty, I still have that glitch in my game where 2 of my sims still make the face where they don't like the food. It just didn't resolve itself. I know I'm mentioning a lot. I'm sorry. I just don't know how to clear these issues.

Message 4 of 27 (4,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Invites to social events from NPC's End Within Seconds

Hero

Invites from NPCs to social events at venues will no longer end seconds after your Sim arrives at the venue.

Fixed in Patch 1.54.120 .. or at least I hope so. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 27 (5,014 Views)

All Replies

[PS4] Sim invited me out, then disappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base, outdoor retreat, seasons, vintage glamour, and parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim invite your sim to granite falls park or on any outing (museum, karaoke, etc.) and the sim that invited your playable sim will disappear almost immediately after arrival.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim that invited my sim disappears immediately after arrival to the intended venue. When it's family hangout time, the sim that invited my sim to their house is not there. My sim wonders around their home alone.
What do you expect to see? We arrive together, as the sim will meet you there. We arrive together. They have the group symbol above their head. We interact with each other, walk inside the venue together, the sim should be home when invited to the home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have screenshots prepared. 

Message 1 of 27 (4,538 Views)

Sims invited out disappear/leave almost immediately

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions/game packs/stuff packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Inviting sims to lot - e.g bar
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims arrive at lot after being invited out, and almost instantly leave (actions queue gets cancelled).
What do you expect to see? Sims invited out should stay at lot, providing they don’t have work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my sim invites another sim/group of sims to a lot (like a bar), they arrive, briefly interact before disappearing/leaving, cancelling the action queue. 

Message 2 of 27 (4,528 Views)

Re: Sims invited out disappear/leave almost immediately

Hero

Hi @Abbiiejo 

does it matter who you invite ? Have you tested this without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (4,496 Views)

Hero

This is something that gets reported from time to time and there might be another thread. Not sure, tbh.

NPCs do seem to have terrible work times and if you invite Sims that were forced into roles, they just leave again cause they don't really have any time off.

What kind of NPCs are you inviting and in what career are they ?

I do think there should be some changes done to the whole system so I will add this as needs input to get more opinions from others.

I might also merge should I find another thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 27 (4,533 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I swore I posted this issue before but I couldn't find the thread. Anyway I've had this happen on PS4 with an npc who was a fisherman. The fisherman was my sims father and would often invite her over to his house to hangout (I don't know if he kept his job after I moved him into a residence). The event would end just after joining the father on the lot he had invited my sim to. This was in Brindleton Bay.

Message 6 of 27 (4,474 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Invites to social events from NPC's End Within Seconds

Hero

Merged another thread into this and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (4,439 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone provide a save file for where they're seeing this issue? We're having trouble reproducing. PC or PS4, whatever you got. Thanks so much for the help! http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 27 (4,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick I just had this happen again a couple days ago. My sim's cousin invited her over, so she went. She was a teen at the time The event was called "hanging out with family" and they stood outside and chatted and as soon as they went in the house, the event ended. The same would happen with my previous sim who's father would invite her over for the hanging out with family event. The sim is a young adult now and I haven't gone to any invites lately as a young adult but this is the first sim I've had in a while with extended family. I only have a video of when it happened. I can see if it happens to this sim as a young adult as her cousin and aunt still call for hangouts. 

Edit: I shared this save previously. This female teen sim was the toddler that was in mourning.

Update: @SimGuruNick  Here's my save. My sim had just gotten home from work. Her cousin invited her to Pupperstone Park not long after. When I loaded in, we were at Municipal Muses, the event lasted very briefly and the event ended and the cousin disappeared. I was not able to get video of this.

Edit: I have Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff.

PS4 V1.15

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 9 of 27 (4,359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

My experiences with this are that sims who are at work can invite you over and if they actually should be at work, they disappear immediately when you arrive at the lot. It also looks like the game can mark some sims for tasks which makes it impossible to invite over or talk to them.

I have also noticed that on some lots like bars the game changes the sims almost immediately, so if you arrive with a group of sims, they often only order one drink, and then they leave and other sims shows up. I am not sure if it could be related to bar nights and the game wants to change the sims on the lot.

@thecharsims

since you mentioned the fruitcake bug, here is how you can remove it with cheats.

open console (ctrl + shift + c)

testingcheats on to enable cheats

if your sim are reacting with delight to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Likes_Fruitcake

if your sim are reacting with disgust to all foods enter: traits.remove_trait trait_Hidden_Hates_Fruitcake

Message 10 of 27 (4,332 Views)