[OPEN] Invisible Plants and mid air floating harvestables (on-Lot)

by JasonVega2

Original Post

[OPEN] Invisible Plants and mid air floating harvestables (on-Lot)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, V, OR, SD, DO, JA, LSP, PPSP, SSP, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure. I have a suspicion this only happens on out of season spliced plants.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant is entirely invisible. I cannot tell if the fruit is also invisible since all the plants this affects are out of season.
What do you expect to see? A dormant plant!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

I noticed this today. This particular household has a lot of spliced plants and after tending the garden, I noticed water dripping from the air where the plant should be. I've included two screenshots of the same general area. If you look closely, in the nighttime shot, you can see the water drops in the air. The daytime shot shows the plant that is supposed to be there.

I did notice that this is affecting only spliced plants that are out of season: Poison Fireleaf + Fireleaf, Morel Mushroom + False Morel Mushroom, Toxic Camomile + Camomile.

It did NOT affect the spliced trees that are out of season: Plantain + Forbidden Fruit, Cherry + Growfruit.

I'm not sure if any of the other households I play have so many spliced plants. I'll check to see if it's game-wide and I'll try a fresh game and see if it's specific to this save.

Message 1 of 19 (8,512 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Invisible Plants

Hero
I'm not actually sure how this is supposed to work. Thought out-of-season plants just revert to a mold but the dripping sounds off.

Trying to get more info and marking this as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (8,434 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] Invisible Plants

★★★★★ Guide

Okay, I ran a new game from Summer until Winter and tried a number of different things, like splicing, to see if I could figure out what is going on.

What seems to be happening, is that bushes turn invisible when they are out of season.

It does not seem to matter if the plant has been spliced or not - the season affects the base plant type.

This problem seems to affect only bushes - trees do not turn invisible.

Area effect actions seem to work on dormant plants as well. The floating produce on the invisible plants can be harvested if other plants in the planter are in season and bearing fruit. There was a bell pepper left behind, floating in the air, because there were no fall plants in the same planter box when I tried to harvest in the fall. When winter came, I was able to harvest the floating bell pepper by planting a winter plant and waiting for it to have flowers.

1st pic: Summer. Planted. Both the apple tree and the plantain tree grew to full size but only the plantain is producing fruit. The bushes are blackberry, bell pepper, basil, and parsley (all in season).

2nd pic: Fall. I have grafted plantains onto the apple tree and vice versa. The apple tree is in bloom (which is strange) and producing both kinds of fruit. There is a holly bush there now, a basil plant, and a grapevine. You can also clearly see the floating fruit and herbs - blackberry, bell pepper, and spinach. I had built a greenhouse around the plants because it started to rain and then snow (even though both of those options were turned off) and I was trying to get the plants into a water-starved state. That's when the spinach plant (a winter plant) grew. As soon as I took the walls down, the out-of-season plants disappeared, leaving their produce behind to float eerily in the air.

3rd pic: Winter. The bell pepper (a summer plant) is still floating serenely in the air. The apple tree is back to normal (no longer sporting blossoms) and the winter rose bushes have started to grow.

I was not able to reproduce the dripping water - but I suspect that had the plant been in need of water when it went dormant, that watering other plants in the planter box would have water the invisible plant also.

Message 3 of 19 (8,412 Views)

Plants in wilderness disappeared with Seasons DLC

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except the delux one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know, it's the plants in the game that aren'r working properly since the seasons dc
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants in the wilderness are gone, at least optically. You can hover over them and it tells you it's a rosebush but you can't see the bush or harvest it. The only visible thing is the little dirt pile they usually grow out of Plants on lots seem to work but they are never ready to harvest.
What do you expect to see? Plants
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the seasons dlc

The plants in the wilderness are gone, at least optically. You can hover over them and it tells you it's a rosebush but you can't see the bush or harvest it. The only visible thing is the little dirt pile they usually grow out of Plants on lots seem to work but they are never ready to harvest. When I noticed it I switched off all mods and I re downloaded the base game and seasons, but no change

Update:

So it seems as if the wild plants disappear once they have grown up to full plants. The little seedlings are visible. If the plants have already been in the world, they are visible (e.g. the little garden areas in Oasis Spring for example has a grown lemon tree that is visible and harvestable and the plants at the festivals in San Myshuno also show up and are harvestable). Does anyone know if this is being worked on? I play a lot with gardening and this is ruining the game for me quit a bit.... 

Message 4 of 19 (8,301 Views)

Re: Plants in wilderness disappeared with Seasons DLC

Hero
Added this

@HighlandGaming Merged your post with existing thread. The issue doesn't seem limited to wild plants.

Feel free to press me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (8,282 Views)

★ Apprentice

So it seems as if the wild plants disappear once they have grown up to full plants. The little seedlings are visible. If the plants have already been in the world, they are visible (e.g. the little garden areas in Oasis Spring for example has a grown lemon tree that is visible and harvestable and the plants at the festivals in San Myshuno also show up and are harvestable). Does anyone know if this is being worked on. I play a lot with gardening and this is ruining the game for me quit a bit.... 

Message 6 of 19 (8,224 Views)

★★ Novice

This same thing is going on in my game.

Message 7 of 19 (8,117 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Invisible Plants

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. When the weather turns from spring to summer all my spring BUSHES disappear. The apple trees and some of the flowers do not disappear. 

Some flowers do disappear; those that are out of season. 

Message 8 of 19 (7,253 Views)

Hero
@CBSvendborg What's your graphics card ? Could you post a picture of your ingame settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (7,250 Views)

★ Pro

Since Seasons plants that are not in season (dormant plants) show up as little dirt mounds not plants, except for trees. This is true of garden plants and wild plants.

Occasionally the produce shows up hanging in the air if the season changes when they are present on the plant. Sometimes you'll find produce on the ground near the plant. 

Also occasionally, water droplets show up on plants that are dormant. I mostly see this in the rain.

Message 10 of 19 (7,216 Views)