by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Interaction 'write daily report' cancels when action behind it

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.24.69.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim join business career, have them do the daily task and have the next action in line be listen to music.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 'write daily report' action cancels and it immediately goes to listen to music.
What do you expect to see? Have a sim write a report while listening to music without having to wait until the sim is actually writing the report to ask them to listen to music.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

on console no screenshots

Message 1 of 8 (1,407 Views)

Re: Interaction 'write daily report' cancels when another action behind it

Hero
@awheels77 Is it just this combination you're having issues with ?

Is the stereo in the same room or in another ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,368 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, it seems I am able to write with the music no issue. No, always in the same room right above the computwr
Message 3 of 8 (1,342 Views)

Hero
@awheels77 Did they start the writing and then you added music or did you add music before they started with the writing.

What I meant is that does it only happen to writing reports or other computer interactions/ daily tasks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,321 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict i have them que up to start writing and then listening to music. i've always done it, just recently the action has been cancelling out.

it just seems to be the daily reports that are the issue. i'm able to practice programming/write a book/etc. with no issues
Message 5 of 8 (1,295 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@awheels77 When I queue both I do see listing to music cancelling out the daily task but if I have them start with the daily task and then queue listen to music (so making sure they started), I have no issue with the too working together.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,280 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yeah I am able to get them to listen to music once they’ve started the daily task, but I’ve always been able to have line things up in a que so that’s why I reported it as a bug
Message 7 of 8 (1,258 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@awheels77 That's what I was asking before. It sounded like you had also issue when the Sim was already doing it, so needed to be sure that's what you're seeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,235 Views)