Original Post

Highlighted

[NEEDS INPUT] Insufficient Funds to Purchase Empty Lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, up to and including Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim from an existing household and only give them enough money to purchase an empty lot
What happens when the bug occurs? When you try to have your sim purchase the lot that they have the exact funds for you will be told your sim doesn't have the funds. If you give the sim 1 simoleon more than the cost they can purchase the lot. This doesn't happen if there is anything on the lot (ie a house or landscaping), then the sim can buy the lot even if they only have the exact funds.
What do you expect to see? I expect that a sim can purchase an empty lot with the exact funds and not be required to have any extra funds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just noticed this recently but I expect it has been since the Nov 12/19 PC/Mac game update that added the ability to transfer and split from households.

Screenshot showing that the sim is being told they can't afford the lot which costs the same as the funds the sims have (1,500 simoleons)

Screenshot showing the value of the lot:

Also note that while I have used a few mods in the past, it's been a long time and I have done at least one factory reset of my game since removing the mods. 

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 1 of 1 (114 Views)