[ARCHIVED] Info not displaying properly in gallery when clicking on feed

by Babyhuehnchen

Original Post

Re: gallery pack items

★ Guide

You're right, the News list seems to be missing pack content! I checked a build that was featured via News, and it said "no specific pack content" but when I clicked on the creator's name and found the build, it did have specific pack content. I even checked BFGameSquad, looking up the account directly and this time, packs were listed for Kelsey's sims. So, yes, different issue, but way different than what I had thought I observed.

Message 11 of 26 (745 Views)

Hero
Going to leave it merged for now as it's all about gallery builds not showing the right packs.

I'll split if we get more reports or if one gets fixed and the other doesn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 26 (739 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This has been the case for a while for me now. I notice this frequently when I look at Maxis uploads, accessed through the notifications tab. The gallery always says it has no content from any DLC packs, but it's clearly there from the picture(s) and sometimes in the description when the simmer discloses such.
Message 13 of 26 (734 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Gallery showing wrong packs used

Message 14 of 26 (702 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Gallery showing wrong packs used

Hero
True @lipscanna

I moved that part of the thread over to the original thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 26 (689 Views)

Gallery not showing used packs on "News" tab

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF / (GPs) SD, PH, JA / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Gallery. Go to the News tab. Click on any of the news items/entries on the right. See the "Uses Items from these packs" information section.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Uses items from these packs" section will only show a "This Gallery item does not use any specific pack content" message, even though the upload does use packs. This only happens on the "News" tab. If you go to "Browse", "My Library" or the original uploader's catalog, the packs are shown properly.
What do you expect to see? Packs used by the original uploader should be displayed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

First screenshot shows popup dialog from the "News" tab. Second screenshot from the original uploader's catalog.

Message 16 of 26 (635 Views)

Re: Gallery not showing used packs on "News" tab

Hero
@nucleonide Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 26 (607 Views)

Gallery Pack

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Czech
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Vampires, and Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the gallery and look at packs for some build. It will sometimes say that the build doesn't have any packs, but it has packs used.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you put the lot/household/room down and you don't have the specific pack/s, you won't have the content from that pack.
What do you expect to see? I expect the gallery to work properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When you go to the gallery and look at a build, you (sometimes) see what packs it has. In some cases, you see that it is packs free, and it's compatible with just the base game, but it is a restaurant. Hmmmm... That's weird. I don't know, how can this happen, but this issue is here for quite a long time. 

Message 18 of 26 (564 Views)

Re: Gallery Pack

Hero

There's several issues currently still causing this and there's currently several threads, sorted by actual cause

Can you figure out which one it is in your case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 26 (533 Views)

Re: Gallery Pack

★★★★★ Novice

It's kinda this one. 

I have included a screenshot of one of the builds where you can clearly see, that it uses GTW, but the game doesn't flag it.

(And also sorry for it being in Czech)

Message 20 of 26 (526 Views)