Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS INPUT] Incredibly friendly trait makes possibility challenge impossible

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play positivity Challenge past tier 1
What happens when the bug occurs? Positivity challenge will not progress past tier 1 - is stuck on 0/5 in tier two. Have tried; Lifting mood (With positivity challenge icon) on parents, friends, acquaintances. Cleaning dishes. Fixing things and all other tips I have found here on the AHQ. Nothing works.
What do you expect to see? Progress to tier 3 and 4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have started the Positivity Challenge, and progressed through tier 1 normally. Now how ever, I'm stuck on Tier 2. Nothing I do count as progress. I have read several tips on how to progress here in the AHQ but nothing works and therefore I believe it to be a bug. Any suggestions to a fix/Work around?
Have tried:

Lifting mood (with Positivity Challenge icon)

Cleaning dishes

Fixing things

Cleaning trash

Cleaning toddler/child mess

Message 1 of 10 (1,500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Positivity Challenge progress bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I had this 'issue' too, but it turns out you need to do the interactions with 'acquaintances'.  Incredibly friendly makes the sims 'friends' really quickly so it won't count.  It's an issue with tier 2 of the challenge as the 'good deeds' can be done with/for everyone on tier 3 and tier 4 (I found this out in my Positivity Challenge' Let's Play. My work around was to form or join a club (if you have Get Together) as it's a way to meet sims without introducing yourself so you start out as acquaintances.  You could also try talking to work colleagues as the same should hold true (if your sim has a job).

Best regards,
Jennifer

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,420 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Have you tried repairing your game ? There have been similar reports but had no issues with the two interaction that had the icon.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Does your sim have the Incredibly Friendly trait? If you do, you'll skip past being acquaintance and thus cant do a good deed for an acquaintance on that sim. You can get around that by using a rude introduction.

The only action that worked for me on tier 2 was to Brighten Day while happy, nothing else did anything.

Message 3 of 10 (1,466 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have tried to repair yes

I do have the Incredibly Friendly trait! But brighten day does not work Frown 

Message 4 of 10 (1,438 Views)

Hero
The problem with the trait is that it's almost impossible to have acquaintances which makes this impossible to fulfill.

Do you have another Sim you could do the challenge with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I had this 'issue' too, but it turns out you need to do the interactions with 'acquaintances'.  Incredibly friendly makes the sims 'friends' really quickly so it won't count.  It's an issue with tier 2 of the challenge as the 'good deeds' can be done with/for everyone on tier 3 and tier 4 (I found this out in my Positivity Challenge' Let's Play. My work around was to form or join a club (if you have Get Together) as it's a way to meet sims without introducing yourself so you start out as acquaintances.  You could also try talking to work colleagues as the same should hold true (if your sim has a job).

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 6 of 10 (1,421 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Incredibly friendly trait makes possibility challenge impossib

★ Pro

I had same issue, as my Sim has that reward trait. I got around it by using a Rude introduction followed by Brighton day and spamming Funny story on same Sim.

Message 7 of 10 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This worked! thanks!
Message 8 of 10 (1,324 Views)

★ Guide

Rude introduction doesn't work for me....Brighten day won't even appear.This seriously needs looking at as at the moment it's a waste of time doing this.

Message 9 of 10 (1,161 Views)

★ Pro

Rude introduction should start your Sims relationship with another Sim in the red. Which still counts as acquaintance. Brighton day requires your Sim to be in happy or very happy mood it also needs min level of 2 of charisma, not an easy thing to do as any positive moodlet will override it. My self assured, romantic and active Sim took 2 Sim days before dropping into just a happy mood, even tried the happy potion from rewards store but that just buffed her other moodlets. The funny story should work regardless of mood.

Message 10 of 10 (1,122 Views)