by BryonyRae

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Incorrect Original By on Torendi Tower uploads

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Torendi Tower and then upload it to the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Once uploaded go into your library and click the lot. The name under original by is: vriley and not maxis or the user who uploads the original lot and publishes it to the gallery.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see either Maxis' name because it's an original lot from the game or my name when I upload it to the gallery after renovating or bulldozing and rebuilding the lot originally from the game (Not the gallery)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue has apparently been here since 2016 if you actually click on the usernames page you will see comments from other simmers going back to 2016

Message 1 of 3 (1,513 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Torendi Tower Penthouse Original by issue on Gallery

Hero (Retired)

I can confirm that I also experience this issue.  Will add it to our list.

Message 2 of 3 (1,427 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Incorrect Original By on Torendi Tower uploads

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sad that this is still happening in 2020/2021.

users are supposed to feel confident enough to build and save/share their items without having someone come and hack into their build. I have built plenty items in the game, and it's unfortunate that someone can be displayed as the original creator when they are not.

Even when clicking on Vriley in TS4 gallery, there is no way to report the user or anything profile doesn't seem to exist, is this Maxis ... if so let that be know. Looking at the users gallery profile, other people have commented how this individual has taken credit and is show as original creator on their builds also.

I hope this can be corrected, no one seems to take this seriously because if it's going back to 2016 it's definitely not being resolved and this is years later. :/

Message 3 of 3 (738 Views)