[OPEN] Inadequate pool/water reflections at High setting

by lolatort

Original Post

Re: inadequate pool/water reflections at High setting

Found some old images I posted on Twitter from 2015, reflections used to work beautifully Teeth bared

CC3KMfiWMAIbKgy.jpg-large.jpegCeqpRoBWsAA54Mu.jpg-large.jpegCGSFi0XWQAAiz1a.png-large.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 31 (2,367 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Yay! I mean oh, no! (sorry, but I'm kinda happy it's not just me again, like with the glitchy chairs Tongue out) And yep, my old screenshots also look great.

I've only noticed it because I was posting a close up of my sims to my blog, and something seemed wrong xD.

Message 12 of 31 (2,354 Views)

@lolatort

Ha ha Standard smile Do you still have the glitchy chairs? I never had that...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 31 (2,346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora I've actually found two more (I think) that are bugged (I'd just never used them before). Weirdly, for a short moment after C&D they looked normal again, but the next time I played they turned back into their glitchy selves (without changing a single setting). It never happens with cc (high or lower poly), even if it's a very similar mesh/texture/spec map.

Message 14 of 31 (2,338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Not a Mac only issue - same thing is happening on PC.  Of the plants, only certain trees are being reflected.  Walls and wall styles are reflected, but windows appear reflected as simply missing segments of wall.  Definitely not how it used to be...

Message 15 of 31 (2,323 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Inadequate pool/water reflections at High setting

★★ Novice

It's happening on my game too. I'm not playing anymore, because this is so uncomfortable... Mirrors are affected too, they aren't reflecting the wall when it is in wall cut view.

Message 16 of 31 (2,275 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Inadequate pool/water reflections at High setting

★★ Novice

02-28-18_4-56-23 PM.png

Same here :/

Message 17 of 31 (2,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

In my game, with no mods or cc, it affects doors as well as windows and plants. I have ALL settings running smoothly on high or super high with no room to turn them up higher. This is a serious problem, the minute immersion is broken like this players start leaving.

I see that this was addressed as a Mac technical issue, can it please be readdressed as a general bug? I'm running on a i7 Alienware system, this is not normal operation.

Could everyone with this issue please hit the me too button as well? We have more comments of people with this issue than people who have used that button, it's a great indicator!

Message 18 of 31 (2,150 Views)

★ Guide

The same here! The problem has been happening for some time in the version for windows, I do not know if the same happens in the mac version. My game is on ultra.

Message 19 of 31 (2,039 Views)

No lot reflection in the water, except their roof

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go in Sulani, in an area with water and houses nearby, the houses don't have to be on your active lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roofs are reflected in the water, but the houses themselves are not.
What do you expect to see? Ideally the whole house reflected in the water, or nothing at all, not a phantom roof.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi! Ever since moving in Sulani I've noticed the reflection of lots on water only include the roof, and only when you have made the roof apparent, of course. If you don't show the roof, there is no reflection of the structure at all. This leads to odd landscapes where there are "floating roofs" in the water. Below, I've added an example in the background, and then a demonstration of what happens before and after you show the roof, look at the ocean behind my sim.

I'm also going to add this screenshot, where I applied decorations to the house and you can see that the string of lights on the fence is also reflected despite nothing else showing up, so I also have a case of floating garlands.

https://imgur.com/ZmBC29D

I am playing on a mid-2015 MacBook Pro with laptop mode off, and my reflection settings are on either Medium or High, I can't remember, but either way, I'd think that the roof reflection's behavior would be synced with the structure's.

Message 20 of 31 (1,864 Views)