[NEEDS SAVES] In-game clock not matching gameplay (1.68/1.33)

by theangryuniverse

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] In-game clock not matching gameplay (1.68/1.33)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all gameplay packs except Journey to Baatu, all stuff packs except My First Pet and Halloween Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It only ever seems to happen to me, so I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? The in-game clock does not match the gameplay. E.g. it will dispay 8:50pm and it is dark outside but when you click on the fridge, it only gives you the option to make Lunch. Or it will display 9:32am and only then you get the notification that your sims have to be at work/school in an hour. Because of this bug, my sims also seem to stay at school or work forever. When I then cancel the action after what have been according to the in-game clock 12 hours, they return home, and only have earned the salary of, let's say, 3 hours - showing that the clock in the game isn't at all showing the time that is actually passing. I can usually "fix" this by leaving and re-entering a household, which will return everything to the "actual" time. This fix lasts maybe one sim day, then it starts acting up again. I have noticed that this particularly happens when I speed up any actions that are not sleep or work. But even without doing so, the bug occurs.
What do you expect to see? Gameplay and in-game clock matching
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Crinrict asked me to open a new thread if the problem still happens after the patch. 

I have played with a new save file for about 3 sim weeks now, with mods and without - and it's still happening. My sim was supposed to be home from work at 5pm, but was still there at 7pm. When I exited the household and re-entered it, the clock jumped back to 3pm. 

What usually happens if I don't exit such a household and re-enter it is that when I click on the fridge at 8pm, for example, it will not give me the option to make dinner, only lunch. Reminders to go to work will pop up at the wrong time.  

I really thought that the patch would fix this issue, but I don't know what to do. I have tried the following:

- played with and without mods

- repairing the game

- folder refresh

- 50/50 method of the mods I am using (with the latest versions)

- deleting the files in the Sims 4 folder that are safe to delete

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 46 (5,288 Views)

Re: In-game clock not matching gameplay

Hero
@theangryuniverse Did you change the clock with any mod at any time ? That can permanently break it.

Does it happen on every save you play or just a specific one ? Did you test a save started after the patch ?.

Since you made this report, so it might be a permanent broken thing from before the patch, not sure if the fix was for existing saves as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 46 (5,222 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I tested it with both old and brand-new saves, and it happens in both. Saves usually start out fine and then after playing them some time, the time issue starts happening. It particularly happens when I speed up the in-game time when my sims shower, cook etc., basically everything that's not work or sleep.

I've never changed the clock with any mod as far as I know. 

Do you think re-installing the game completely might fix the issue? 

Just to be sure, if I re-install the game but later add the save file I'm playing right now, would it bring the error back into the game?

Message 3 of 46 (5,211 Views)

Hero
@theangryuniverse Hard to tell. Since both a folder refresh and repair didn't do the trick, it might be a solution.

I wouldn't do it just yet if you have bad internet or are on download limit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (5,208 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've had the same thing happen too, sort of. I haven't been paying attention to the clock except when I got a notification that the weekly bills had just arrived -- at midnight on a Friday night. 

Message 5 of 46 (5,164 Views)

Time Text Error Working Late Salaryperson Career

Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim working in the Salaryperson Career work a late day.
What happens when the bug occurs? The time home says the hour in the AM instead of PM.
What do you expect to see? The correct come home time on the career screen and tooltip.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All nighter? Sure, why not!

The Sims™ 4_20201118192759.jpg

The Sims™ 4_20201119085129.jpg 

Message 6 of 46 (5,132 Views)

Re: Time Text Error Working Late Salaryperson Career

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Do they come home at the correct time ? The time seems off with it being uneven too.

Do you see any time shifts in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 46 (5,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@crinrict I didn't see any time shifts. These were just random work late days, not ones I initiated. They came home at the time indicated on the work panel, just in the PM not AM.
Message 8 of 46 (5,096 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper at 8.26 ? That's just such an odd time

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 46 (5,094 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@crinrict Each time it'd have a random time and that's when they'd come home. It'd say AM always though, unless I initiated the working late, but that's another thread.
Message 10 of 46 (5,091 Views)