Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Wrong workoutfit for mermaids

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Island Living, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select sim and follow them to work
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim going to work in his first everyday outfit instead of work uniform
What do you expect to see? Sim going to work in the correct uniform
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There's a sim in my household in the Detective career that only goes to work in his first everyday outfit option. Since he's the only one in my game with the Detective career, I have yet to test if this affects other sims. Even after switching his work uniform back each time in CAS, he keeps reverting back to the same outfit when going to work. When his uniform included a hat, it would just be the outfit and the hat. I've checked the other topics but none of them seemed to have the same issue that I've had, so I made a new topic.

I now use mods, however, the problem remains the same.

Message 1 of 44 (2,215 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Wrong workoutfit for mermaids

Hero

Mermaids now will wear appropriate career outfits when going to work. So I can picture this now, Mermaids as Doctors would be a great TV show.
■ “Dr. Mermaid/Merman, what do you recommend?
■ “I am prescribing some Vitamin Sea”
● Give Russkii more coffee please…

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (1,703 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim goes to work in everyday outfit

Champion
@MakThePrince is this a sim that you made yourself, downloaded from the gallery or met as a townie in game and moved them in to a household?

Does he have any other strange clothing behaviour, such as never changing out of his everyday outfit even when swimming or in the shower?
Message 2 of 44 (2,194 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@simvasion This sim was a download from my friend's gallery. He has another one as well. Since he's a mermaid, he changes to his mermaid form in the tub, but his facial accessories and ring are the wrong ones.
Message 3 of 44 (2,179 Views)

Hero
@MakThePrince Just to be sure I understand right: Your workout fit changes into the everyday out fit or does he wear the actual everyday outfit ? You say you change it it CAS and it reverts back

There's this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-wear-random-clothes-when-they-work/m-p/669387... but I want to make sure it's the same before merging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 44 (2,163 Views)

Champion
@MakThePrince it sounds like your friend might have uploaded a criminal suspect townie to the gallery. They don't change clothes because of a hidden trait.

The only way you can know for certain is if you have either the Enable Debug Cheats mod or Show Sim Info mod to see their hidden traits.
Message 5 of 44 (2,155 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Well, they don’t revert back to their old uniform or anything. The work outfit switches to the everyday outfit’s appearance, yes.
Message 6 of 44 (2,137 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@simvasion Oh! Thanks, I’ll take a look and see if that’s the case.
Message 7 of 44 (2,135 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@simvasion This doesn't appear to be the case, but thank you for the mods.
Message 8 of 44 (2,113 Views)

Hero
@MakThePrince Sorry, just making sure as Simvasion and I have two different issues we think could be happening here

1. The Sim doesn't change clothing at all. Never. They're always in everyday even when taking a shower and on the nude outfit (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-change-to-nude-outfit/m-p/6969901#M70516)
2. They do actually change in the work outfit when going to work but the work outfit is not what it's supposed to look like but something else (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-wear-random-clothes-when-they-work/m-p/669387...)

Is your issue either of those or a completely different one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (2,107 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Neither of those. The sim CAN change clothes, but they change into their everyday outfit for work. No work clothes, just the everyday clothes.
Message 10 of 44 (2,093 Views)