by YuuHara27

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Waterfall in Sulani disappears

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every packs except Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Luxury Party and Spooky.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to Mua Pel'am Sulani but if sim stay at Mua Pel'am you have to travel elsewhere in Mua Pel'am
What happens when the bug occurs? The effect of waterfall will disappear. When I take a shower there I still can see the splash and background but no waterfall.
What do you expect to see? The water should fall to the ground and when sim take a shower it should fall to body of sim not just water splash from sims head.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The sims 4

Waterfall.jpg

Message 1 of 9 (1,852 Views)

Re: The waterfall at Sulani

Hero
@YuuHara27 I'm not entirely sure I understand your issue. I checked my game and it looks all normal.

In which cases do you see the left picture and when do you see the right one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,816 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Try to travel to the waterfall place(first thing after enter the game to see the left) and travel to elsewhere and then comeback to the waterfall again(to see the right).
Message 3 of 9 (1,809 Views)

Hero
@YuuHara27 That's what I did and it didn't happen for me at all.

Could you try repairing the game through Origin and deleting your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictI already repairing the game and my cache folder is empty. Before I reported this issue I asked other players about this and they have the same issue that's why I thought it was bug. but you don't have the same so I don't know. Do you have anything to help me to try to fix this?

check again and I just know that the waterfall sound also missing.

Message 5 of 9 (1,798 Views)

Hero
@YuuHara27 Did you test a fresh save as well ? To see if it's just an existing save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yes, that was the first thing I did. I think I got a new thing. Just try to understand my English.

I have one sim that stay at Ohan'ali Town. When I travel to Mua Pel'am and then back to hometown and go to Mua Pel'am again no matter how many time I repeat this ...every is normal.

But if I travel to Key Point and then travel to Caldera Camp ...The waterfall will missing.

Message 7 of 9 (1,776 Views)

Hero
@YuuHara27 Fascinating.

Seems to be an issue on where you travel from.

If you travel from one lot from Mua Pel'am to another, I can duplicate what you see but not if I travel from another neighborhood.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (1,756 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Same issue: Traveled from home world Willow Creek to any lot on Mua Pel'am, and then another lot on Mua Pel'am and then went to the waterfall, like this:

Key Point > Caldera Camp
Key Point > Admiral's wreckage

Caldera Camp > Key Point
Caldera Camp > Admiral's wreckage

Admiral's wreckage > Key Point
Admiral's wreckage > Caldera Camp

all 6 trips made the waterfall and a sim showering in it look like this:

green waterfall.png

Traveling home, as well as to different lots on Ohan'ali Town (The Sand Bar, Ohan'ali Beach, Lagoon Look), and then back to the Island Mua Pel'am (just one lot), reset the waterfall to look like white water, and the sim showering in it looked ordinary:

waterfall after travelled home again and back.png

Traveling from Willow Creek to Ohan'ali Town and then to Mua Pel'am did not make the waterfall green.

Message 9 of 9 (1,703 Views)