Re: Vampire skin details unavailable to mermaids

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [V] Vampire skin details unavailable to mermaids (no GF)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Vampires, Romantic Garden Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Vampires and Island Living installed WITHOUT Get Famous, create a mermaid sim and edit their mermaid form to have vampire skin details.
What happens when the bug occurs? When creating a mermaid sim, they do not have the option to use vampire skin details in their mermaid form.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use vampire skin details on my mermaid sims when I have the Vampires and Island Living packs installed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was super excited when I got Island Living to create more sinister looking mermaids/sirens when I saw I could use the vampire packs skin details on my sims mermaid form only to find it didn't work for me. After a lot of testing, I finally got it to work but only by downloading Get Famous. Without it (just having Island Living and Vampires even), the options don't appear.

Added two screenshot, one showing before I downloaded Get Famous and not having the options appear, and one after downloading Get Famous. 

Message 11 of 16 (1,844 Views)

Vampire skin details unavailable to mermaids

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi all, I know mermaids should be able to use the vampire skin details from the Vampires game pack but for some reason, none of mine are able to. My mermaids have the options for vampire teeth, clothes, anything else from the GP, but no skin details.

I have tried without mods (just MCCC), I have cleared my cache, etc. In fact, it doesn't work for me on two different computers which makes it even more difficult for me to track down the problem to fix it. Is anyone else having this problem? Or maybe knows what I can do to fix it? It's really disappointing not being able to make the incredible creepy sirens that I should be able to. Frown

Edit: Added a screenshot of a mermaid in mermaid form with no vampire skin details, showing vampire teeth work fine.

novampiredetailsmermaid.png

Message 1 of 16 (1,937 Views)

Hero
@Lumenatra Where did you see that they should be able to have them ? I don't seem to have those either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,913 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh that's odd. I saw a Twitter lost by simguruninja (I believe) that said mermaids should be able to use the skin details from vampires for their mermaids. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I see a lot of mermaids using these skin details but it may be a mod I haven't found.

Message 3 of 16 (1,910 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lumenatra Hm. Interesting.

Did you test if they're there if you use full cas to edit the Sim ?

Maybe someone else knows ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I actually did try that as well with no luck. I've looked at videos of mermaid CAS with no CC and most people who've responded to me when asked about it can use these features. It's so strange, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's dealing with this.

Message 5 of 16 (1,889 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Did you preorder Island Living by chance? I'm wondering if perhaps that could be part of the problem.

Message 6 of 16 (1,877 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Lumenatra I had early access (courtesy of EA GC) but no, I doubt that makes a difference. Everyone should have the same version.

I'll ask some other helpers to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update: After a lot more testing on my end, we discovered that Get Famous is required for me to see any vampire skin detail options for my mermaid sims.Without it, the options disappear. I can't imagine this is working as intended, super frustrating bug. Hopefully we can get more info on whether or not this is working the same way for anyone else!

Message 8 of 16 (1,843 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lumenatra I do have that pack. I have everything.

But checking the game, it seems for me they are only there on the mermaid form but not on the human form.

Not sure if that's supposed to happen.

Could you create a bug report ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (1,810 Views)