Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Likely by have a Sim stick around on the beaches for some time during spring.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's springtime in my game (a fresh new save), and this issue has occured in two places: - While outside on the beach of my Sim's home lot, Lagoon Look - While my Sim is doing daily tasks as a Conservationist on Mua Pel'am
What do you expect to see? Well, when my Sim is fully dressed and on land, I expect him to _not_ experience effects specifically caused by being in water...obviously.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Island Living - the issue is happening in/on Sulani. Before starting a completely new save, I cleared out my Mods folder (only the resource file remains), deleted any cache files I was able to, repaired the game, and updated it once more to be on the safe side. I don't see that I can do anything more.

*In regards to how often the issues occurs, I can't really tell as I haven't played for very long yet. I don't feel the options for frequency above are quite applicable.

Message 2 of 98 (8,351 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

Hero

Sims should no longer get the Sudden Chill moodlet after drinking several Kava beverages.

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 97 of 98 (3,778 Views)

All Replies

My sim keeps getting "Sudden Chills" but she's not in the water?

★★★★★ Novice

Endless Uncomfortable moodlet supposedly caused by swimming but she hasn't gone swimming?

Message 1 of 98 (8,247 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 98 (8,273 Views)

★ Guide

I keep getting it with my conservationist sim, not his wife, seems to be about once every sim week and always while inside the house. 

Message 4 of 98 (8,214 Views)

★ Guide

Update ... his child just aged up from toddler and now she’s experiencing the chill. They both have the child of the island trait. Could that be causing it?

Message 5 of 98 (8,164 Views)

Re: My sim keeps getting "Sudden Chills" but she's not in the water?

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's not endless for me, but it does happen from time to time while they're out of the water! Last time I noticed it she was on the lot but right above the water, so maybe that's why.

Message 6 of 98 (8,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictNindigo79 Same issue playing Miko in the city. No pool or water around. Heat on. Buff says due to sudden chill in the water.
Message 7 of 98 (8,085 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this same issue. I have a sim that's continuously getting this sudden chill buff and turning blue. He hasn't been swimming, and isn't currently swimming, yet every five minutes he keeps getting the buff.

Message 8 of 98 (8,061 Views)

★★★ Guide

This is happening to one of my child sims.. They're turning blue and getting the "sudden chill" uncomfortable moodlet out of nowhere 24+ hours after swimming. Nothing gets rid of it (shower, sauna, warm clothes), and it comes back randomly.

Message 9 of 98 (8,012 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. My Sim could be no where near water and im getting the moodlet and the sim turns a light blue. 

Message 10 of 98 (7,945 Views)