Re: Sim hot despite heatproof and cold despite iceproof

by ja420

Original Post

★★ Guide

This has been happening to me after installing Island Living, both indoors and out, the weather being cool. (regarding the Iceeproof reward trait and the chilled moodlet) The sim is a  5-star celebrity and lives in the large home in Del Sol Valley.

Message 51 of 98 (1,107 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Do you have the sudden chill moodlet from swimming or the Seasons chill moodlet ?

Just to be sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 98 (1,100 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m honestly not entirely sure. I could've sworn it looked different than either moodlet, but I could be mistaken. I’ll recheck tonight. Other sims were turning blue intermittently as well outside and it was cool in late fall, but my sim has the Iceproof reward trait, so that shouldn’t happen to my sim. I’m on Mac if that matters. 

Message 53 of 98 (1,081 Views)

★★ Guide

It's "Sudden Chill" from swimming, though she rarely does swim, but there are pools on the lot. She's inside (2nd floor) with the heat on now, but still has the moodlet - sometimes turning blue and acting cold/shivering. 

Message 54 of 98 (1,059 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 Moved your post to the sudden chill thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 98 (1,031 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me in an apartment in San Myshuno.  There are 2 adults, a child, and a toddler in the house.  The child is the only one that gets the sudden chill moodlet.  I've only taken him and one of the adults to Sulani once for a brief visit.  He swam for a very brief time and they returned home.  He has not been swimming since.  I don't remember if he got the moodlet before visiting Sulani or not.  Now he gets it at random times.  The latest was when he was playing the typing game on the computer.

Message 56 of 98 (932 Views)

★★ Guide
I've got this too, Crin. It started happening after my elder male sim went for a swim, and then just randomly he'll be in the center of the room and he'll get that "sudden chill" moodlet.

It goes away if I dress him in outerwear or right-click on it to erase it. 
Message 57 of 98 (907 Views)

Hired Sim Turning Blue

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a maid in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? While cleaning the house, the maid randomly turns blue like they're freezing, but the rest of the sims in the household are completely fine. They revert back to their normal skin tone within a few moments, but may repeat this process again a short time later.
What do you expect to see? The maid not to turn blue as if they are freezing when the temperature is not bothering any of the actively played sims and they are not in the ocean to trigger a Sudden Chill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cannot say definitively whether or not the gardener has done this or not, as he doesn't always come to the house and I haven't watched him closely when he does.

Message 58 of 98 (917 Views)

Re: Hired Sim Turning Blue

[ Edited ]
Hero

@maedhroswhy This is a known issue. I merged your post with existing thread on the issue. Even if it's an NPC for you, I'm guessing it's the same issue,

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 98 (884 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★★★ Novice

I keep getting this, but only with Sims that were born in the game. The Sims I created never get it outside of swimming. 

Message 60 of 98 (873 Views)