by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

Constant Cold Water Bug on Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs. All GPs except Vampires. All SPs except Toddler Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All I know about how to trigger the bug is that your sim must be swimming and then you either exit to manage worlds or you cut to another sim who isn't around. Like, if Sim 1 is at home while Sim 2 is at the beach swimming. You would switch control over to Sim 1 while Sim 2 is swimming then pull Sim 2 over to Sim 1 by using the bring "sim's name" here.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim shivers and turns blue for an extended period of time. The moodlet says Sudden Chill (From Swimming) - a sudden cold spot in the water envelopes "sim's name". The moodlet occurs even when a sim is not swimming.
What do you expect to see? I only expect to see my sim cold from swimming when she is actually swimming.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Basically, Tessa, my sim, becomes light blue and shivers at random times. I check and the moodlet says from swimming. Moodlet solvers do fix the problem temporarily but do not permanently fix the problem. The problem started after Tessa went swimming the ocean and I cut back to her husband, Griffith, who was at home. I brought Tessa home and the next sim morning, she got cold from swimming even though she had just woken up. She remained blue for about 3-5 minutes before returning to her normal skin tone. The moodlet never leaves even though it is only supposed to last for two sim hours. (I did remove the cc / mods, but after seeing that problem persisted, I added it back)

Sims 4 Screenshot 2019.07.18 - 17.20.03.37.png

Message 41 of 98 (2,280 Views)

Re: Constant Cold Water Bug on Sim

Hero
@DayDreamer0215 Interesting that you found a trigger. Not sure if yours is slightly different from the rest of the thread here but for now, I'll merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 98 (2,245 Views)

Re: Constant Cold Water Bug on Sim

★★ Guide

My Sulani sim went to a cafe in Windenburg during winter, in her party wear. she got the sudden chill moodlet long before she got the regular sim is cold moodlet. put her in cold weather moodled but the sudden chill one stayed. she hasn't been swimming for a sim week. 

Message 43 of 98 (2,161 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of my Sulani sims went to the beach during the spring time, but did not swim or even go near the water at all. She was in her Everyday outfit, not Swimwear. When she began to leave to go home, she got the "Sudden Chill" moodlet and turned blue. The moodlet was still there when she loaded at her home lot.

Her traits are Snob, Romantic, Materialistic, and Domestic. Her Aspiration is Successful Lineage. She has level 3 fitness skill.

Message 44 of 98 (2,144 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My 2nd generation matriarch for my 100 baby challenge went to Sulani, swam for a few sim minutes, and now has this moodlet off/on ever since (more than 100 sim days) and she's never been back to Sulani. She was created (born) before I bought IL. I've moved on to my 3rd generation matriarch and when my 2nd gen visits, she still shivers and turns blue at least once an hour. It doesn't appear life threatening, just kind of a pain to work around. Traits - Perfectionist, Geek, Family Oriented. Aspiration - Bestselling Author. Fitness level 7.

Message 45 of 98 (2,097 Views)

Champion

My sim was visiting Sand Simoleon beach in Lani St. Taz
and exited Aqua Zip (owned by beach) outside of the lot
(rendering aqua zip too impossible to delete)

I tried to get him on land but he didn't respond to commands
so I reset him and the aqua zip many times

ultimately getting him swim on land.

He was still not answering to most of the commands that related to multitasking or sitting
but I managed to get him back to home lot (Admiral's Wreckage) after some tries

and everything seemed to be fine.

Until he started to get cold spot in the water multiple times a day,

while being on land. Freezing blue.

I did also try moving him to different lots in the world and giving him Iceproof trait

but it didn't seem to change anything.

Only thing I have been able to do to help him

is to make him take bath the second buff appears

since it gets rid of tense buff

(and ultimately helps him to not freeze dead)

none of my other sims have had the problem

not even the ones that were on beach with him

Message 46 of 98 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have it happen too, and he is now never in water when it happens, and I know it says chill is from water haha

I am just glad he is not dying from it

Message 47 of 98 (2,041 Views)

★ Guide

Happening to one of my children too

Message 48 of 98 (2,001 Views)

Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

★★★ Novice

This affects only one of my Sims living in Sulani, she was a lifeguard and is now a conservationist.She can turn blue several times everyday any season despite having the cold acclimation and waterproof traits. The first time it happened she was swimming, but now it’s anywhere, anytime.

Message 49 of 98 (1,958 Views)

Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

For those who use mods, there's on that attempts to fix the issue: freezingsimsdontturnblue, mod S-36: <removed mod link as they are not allowed at AHQ>

Google: Deichschaf, mods fuer Jahreszeiten

Message 50 of 98 (1,927 Views)