Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

by Lumiasta

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Guide

Same here. Just moved three sims into Journey's End in Sulani. Played a bit less than two days, and one of them (same sim both times) turned blue for apparently swimming. He hadn't been swimming and was inside the house both times. The sim who turns blue has Cold Acclimation, the other two don't. No idea if that has any relevance to the case, just seemed weird.

Message 31 of 98 (1,699 Views)

★★★ Novice

This happens to my Sim, too. She has Iceproof, Waterproof, and maximum Fitness (all before installing Island Living). 

Message 32 of 98 (1,647 Views)

Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I just started experiencing the same thing in my game, on one of my two new sims. Important to note - I have a completely vanilla game, and NO Seasons installed. Base game, RG, IL and freebies. No cc/mods - never used.

I have 2 newly created sims living in Sulani. Both are in the Conservationist career, one in each track (but the inappropriate sudden chill moodlet began before they chose their career tracks so doesn't appear to be related).

The one who developed the issue is a Child of the Islands, Self-Assured & Genius.

Spoiler
No skills at level 10 yet, no aspirations completed, concentrating on leveling logic, charisma & gardening. Was concentrating on The Curator aspiration, but started switching back and forth between Angling Ace & Freelance Botanist. Very low swimming skill, and was level 2 or 3 fitness when the inappropriate "Sudden Chill from cold current" started happening. Had experienced a tense moodlet from being dragged out to sea, also from having a shark come by, and the sudden chill moodlet - all appropriately in the water while swimming. Started getting the moodlet a couple of times when not swimming. Most recently got the "Sudden Chill" while using the toilet. Had made Kava and drank a cup beforehand. It had been at least 6 - 8 sim-hours since she was swimming.

The one who has not experienced this yet is a Child of the Ocean, Genius & Active.

Spoiler
No skills at level 10 yet, no aspirations completed, concentrating on leveling logic, fitness & cooking. Was concentrating on the Bodybuilder aspiration, but has switched off and back from The Curator & Freelance Botanist. High swimming skill with level 9 fitness and at the final goal for the Bodybuilder aspiration. Has since achieved level 10 fitness. This sim had one "Sudden Chill" appropriately in the water while swimming, early on when he was lower skill swimming and around level 5 fitness. Has never made Kava, but has had a few drinks of it. Has not yet experienced an inappropriate sudden chill moodlet.

Reading through the other posts, some similarities with others posting may be low swimming skill (instead of low fitness?), self-assured trait, Child of the Islands trait (although the ones that don't even live in Sulani or have never been to the world probably don't have that trait), and drinking or making Kava (again, doubtful but possible for the ones not playing IL). Since the Kava drinking will give different moodlets depending on what the sim is doing (drink it before bed, and you'll get the "well-rested" energized moodlet from sleeping; drink it during the day and you get the "calmed" happy moodlet), I'm wondering if the "sudden chill" moodlet is accidentally linked to making the Kava?)

**edit - I'm not sure about any other times, but I did notice the last two times this has happened for my sim, she was wearing her bathing suit even though she was not swimming. Would be interested if anyone else has noticed this?

Message 33 of 98 (1,553 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick wrote:

We've had trouble reproducing this one, could anyone share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

As requested:

Spoiler

Saves in folder "SuddenChillBug-BeforeMoodlet" is from last save before the sim Sefina Kalua got the "Sudden Chill" moodlet. From this point, she finished fertilizing plants, then I queued her to Drink Kava from the fridge (to reduce the tense mood from the volcanic activity) and then "sail here", which would have had her leave the home lot and use her Conservationist canoe to go to dolphin buoy area on the east side of the map.

After drinking the Kava, before the queued "sail here" task loaded, she got a "calm" happy +1 moodlet from the Kava, and then got the "Suddenly Chilled" moodlet, supposedly from hitting a cold spot while swimming. (She was not swimming nor queued to swim; she was still on the lot) The last time she did any swimming was at least 24 sim-hours prior.

Saves in folder "SuddenChillBug-AfterMoodlet" is directly after she received the Sudden Chill moodlet. She still has the "sail here" task in her queue, and is standing at the edge of the home lot. It is apparent she was not swimming. 

Spoiler
Sims 4 SuddenChill Bug.png

This is Base Game with Romantic Garden, Island Living, Holiday Pack & Grim's Ghoulish Guitar. No Mods / CC - never used. I do not have seasons or any other packs installed, other than IL & RG. In this case, she had a previous tense moodlet, I do not remember for certain but I don't think she had one the last time she got this "sudden chill". That one happened when she used the toilet, but I don't have a useful copy of the save.

I DID notice that the last couple of times this has happened, my sim was wearing her bathing suit, even though she wasn't swimming. Will keep an eye out for that in any more cases.

Let me know if you need any further info.

Message 34 of 98 (1,542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have a sim in the conservation career. When she is at home inside her house she'll randomly get chilled and start freezing to death. Every time she gets a "sudden chill from swimming" moodlet even though she hasn't been near the water.

Message 35 of 98 (1,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Unfortunately, this bug spread to my other IL sim. His traits are Child of the Ocean/Active/Genius, Conservationist - Marine Biologist, and had just completed Practice Pickup Lines was queued to go talk to his girlfriend romantically. Several sim-hours after any swimming, no bathing suit, has not had or made any kava, is level 10 fitness and has the long-lived trait from finishing the bodybuilder aspiration. The only thing similar between this time and the other sim's inappropriate moodlet is that both had another uncomfortable moodlet present before getting the sudden chill.

Spoiler
Sims 4 SuddenChill-afterPracticePickupLines.png

@SimGuruNick - I updated my share to include these save files. 

Edit 7-11-2019: Update - my Child of the Islands sim just got a "sudden chill" on waking up and walking to the bathroom. She already had an uncomfortable moodlet from needing to pee. Moodlet solver does NOT take this moodlet away.

Message 36 of 98 (1,476 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictNindigo79 Same. I made a new sim recently and she had been getting this moodlet now and again while she lived in an apartment in San Mynshuno. Not to mention she almost seemed to start freezing to death and suddenly turned blue when she went to take a shower at that. Thought I'd put a thermostat in to help, but it oddly doesn't seem to be working since I haven't gotten a central heating moodlet for it.
Message 37 of 98 (1,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this too, but with a teen in Willow Creek (in Brook Bungalow). Traits are Self-assured & Bookworm, aspiration Bestselling Author.  He's not been swimming - at all, ever - but gets this moodlet when walking down the hallway from his bedroom to the bathroom. Screenshot attached is the second time (he walked from the bed with the Zzz that haven't quite faded yet).

No mods/cc. All packs.

Message 38 of 98 (1,444 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This just happened to my Conservationist Sim (Ocean Observer). He was on his way to snorkel in Mua Pel'am but had not reached the water yet.

After reading a lot of the resto of the comments, here is a list of traits and circumstances involving this particular Sim:

Summer (13 of 14), Sunny, Hot, Windy, Fitness Level 10, Self-Assured, Active, Child of the Ocean, Long Lived, Laid-Back, Marketable, Stoves and Grills Master, Great Storyteller, Antiseptic, Steel Bladder, Speed Cleaner, Heat Acclimation, Gym Rat, Waterproof Sim, and High Metabolism. Sim is wearing a swimsuit.

I hope that helps establish a possible pattern! I couldn't see one...

Message 39 of 98 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice

Please!!! Is there ever gunna be a fix for this sudden chill issue?? I just started a new legacy sim and she's constantly getting the Sudden Chill from swimming moodlet and she turns either blue or white it's the middle of summer! I don't want her to die!! Please fix asap. 

Message 40 of 98 (1,263 Views)