Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

by LeOmbreNoir

Original Post

★ Guide

From this page,
https://sims-online.com/sims-4-island-living-first-impression/
it says the sim has to level up the fitness skill to avoid the Sudden Chill moodlet if it's too low. My sim's fitness level was 3 when the trouble occurred. The trouble is gone when the skill raised to 6. At least, the bad moodlet doesn't show up for 1 sim-day.

Message 21 of 98 (1,959 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@imhotep168 wrote:

From this page,
https://sims-online.com/sims-4-island-living-first-impression/
it says the sim has to level up the fitness skill to avoid the Sudden Chill moodlet if it's too low. My sim's fitness level was 3 when the trouble occurred. The trouble is gone when the skill raised to 6. At least, the bad moodlet doesn't show up for 1 sim-day.

Good point .... thank you for posting.
My Sim has maxed the fitness skill and completed the bodybuilder aspiration. I also used satisfaction points to give him all the seasons related traits.
That did not work either but I felt I should give it a try.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 22 of 98 (1,949 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

For me, this happens the most with a high-level fitness sim who gets chills repeatedly when not swimming. He had level 10 fitness even before the IL patch. Other sims (with low or no fitness skill) seems to be unaffected but the fact they've spent low to no time in water might be a factor.

He has the 'waterproof' reward trait but I don't know whether this might have any impact.

Edit: the chills happen often in very hot weather but can happen in almost any, I believe (I haven't gone through a whole year yet).

Message 23 of 98 (1,918 Views)

★ Guide

This is happening in my game too. Had a sim repeatedly get this moodlet in one sim day. She kept turning blue doing nothing. Season was spring, not in Sulani but there is a pool on the lot. 

Message 24 of 98 (1,877 Views)

★ Guide

Fitness skill doesn't help. My sims has raised her skill to level 10, the moodlet still comes from time to time. Sorry for my previous wrong information!

Message 25 of 98 (1,875 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@imhotep168 Any information is helpful.
I am testing now in a brand new save with a new Sim. Trying to see if I can trigger the Sudden Chill moodlet.
Hopefully @SimGuruNick and the tech team can sort it out and provide a solution.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 26 of 98 (1,859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I too am having this issue! My sim has a level 9 fitness skill. Frown 

Message 27 of 98 (1,825 Views)

Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

★★ Apprentice

Same here. My Sims family is currently on vacation in Granite Falls, it's the middle of winter but the thermostat is set on warm and there are 3 burning fireplaces, yet both children keep getting sudden chills despite wearing warm clothes, being inside and have not had been swimming or visiting the island at all (they live in Windenburg). Please help!      

Message 28 of 98 (1,818 Views)

★ Pro

Currently played sim lives in San Myshuno, was visiting saloon in Brindleton Bay and sent to food stall to order dinner.  After exiting bar, developed Sudden Chill moodlet, turned blue but returned to normal skin tone after getting to food stall.  Has visited beach in Sulani a couple of times.

Message 29 of 98 (1,790 Views)

★ Guide

I have to update it. The sudden chill moodlet has not shown up over one sims week after my sims raised her fitness skill to level 10. Yes, there's one hit after she raised to level 10 at the same day. However, after that, sudden chill has totally gone for at least one week. I think it's cured, but I sill keep an eye on it.

Message 30 of 98 (1,764 Views)