Re: Sim gets "cold chill" on land

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Sim gets "cold chill" on land

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every DLC for the Sims 4 installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game and on LAND while NOT swimming during winter, Sim will frequently turn blue and experience an uncomfortable moodlet called "Sudden Chill" (from swimming) lasting for 2 hours.
What happens when the bug occurs? On LAND while NOT swimming during winter, Sim will frequently turn blue and experience an uncomfortable moodlet called "Sudden Chill" (from swimming) lasting for 2 hours. The Sudden Chill never happens while the Sim is swimming, only on land. This will happen about five or six times during a sim day while they are on land. This didn't seem to happen in warm seasons.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sudden Chill moodlet while swimming but not always on land while my Sim is going about their business.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Island Living installed

06-25-19_9-07-18 AM.pngClearly, she is on land.

20190625_090746.jpgI'm sorry, I don't know why this rendered upside down.

Message 11 of 98 (2,568 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine is doing the same thing

Message 12 of 98 (2,484 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this one, could anyone share a save file? Thanks so much for the help! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 98 (2,472 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick 
Save file

Spoiler
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 14 of 98 (2,445 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening to my sim as well,  every couple of minutes.  I even put a thermostat in the house with no success of stopping it.

Message 15 of 98 (2,421 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick 
Same Sim / save file as submitted above. He has not left the lot and does not have a pool.

The only thing he did right before this popped up was have a couple Kava drinks.

Chill without leaving lot or being near water.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 16 of 98 (2,409 Views)

Sims get Sudden Chill when they haven't been swimming

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? ?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Sims with Island Living and go swimming in the ocean/live on the Island
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims get a Sudden chill from Swimming, even though they haven't been swimming in a few days
What do you expect to see? Sims shouldn't get a sudden chill when they haven't bees swimming
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims get a Sudden chill from Swimming, even though they haven't been swimming in a few days and it is warm outside. Other Simmers have been experiencing this problem as well. 

Message 17 of 98 (2,411 Views)

Re: Sims get Sudden Chill when they haven't been swimming

★★ Novice

This happened with my sim while walking through their apartment in san mysuno. They had never been to sulani.

Message 18 of 98 (2,391 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Illandrya wrote:

Update ... his child just aged up from toddler and now she’s experiencing the chill. They both have the child of the island trait. Could that be causing it?

My Sim does not have that trait. His are self assured, bro and loves the outdoors. Nothing related to Sulani except the aspiration.
He is actually a restyled Sim of mine created about two years ago. He had only traveled to Sulani once.
With this issue I am afraid to take him swimming. Which is a shame because I had planned on him doing scuba diving.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 19 of 98 (2,357 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Sudden Chill, But Not From Swimming

★★★★★ Apprentice

this happened too my sim when she was in the jungle temple.

Message 20 of 98 (2,333 Views)