by legasimmer

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] [S] Feasts cooked on Volcanic BBQ don't count as Grand Meals

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a holiday with the Grand Meal tradition. Cook a Feast on the Sulani Volcanic BBQ starter from Island Living. On this holiday, click on the feast you cooked this way and select Call to Grand Meal. Wait for the sims to finish eating.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction to "call to Grand Meal" still shows up on the dish like it did pre-patch. The sim rings a bell and everyone (except I think the sim themselves) comes to grab a serving. However, the tradition doesn't get completed on the Holiday UI, and none of the sims get the usual "Food coma" moodlet.
What do you expect to see? I expect for eating a serving of the feast to fulfill the tradition and for the sims to react to it as a proper grand meal, like it used to do and like the existence of the option on the meal suggests it should.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November patch 1.68.156.1220 pre-Snowy Escape

This all still works with usual Seasons Grand Meals, just not the Feasts cooked with that item, when it did use to work and the interaction is still there.

I think I also noticed that the sim that "calls to meal" doesn't grab a serving themselves, though that might be a coincidence.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 3 (1,561 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [S] Feasts cooked on Volcanic BBQ don't count as Grand Me

★★★★★ Apprentice

This bug is still happening in 2023. I thought the grand meals made in the luau pit do count towards the Winterfest Grand Meal tradition, so had my Sim make an Island Vegetable meal using it. She's eaten two so far and neither counted towards the tradition.

Message 2 of 3 (1,099 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [S] Feasts cooked on Volcanic BBQ don't count as Grand Me

★★★★★ Expert
@legasimmer I tried today for the first time and yes the Grand Meal Option is there, but after eating the dish, the tradition is not completed.
Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)