Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Roof Trim Clipping Through Floors.

by SongOfAwesome

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Roof Trim Clipping Through Floors.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Bowling Night Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house with at least 2 storeys. Place and drag roof on the ceiling of the first storey of rooms, stopping midway through the second storey rooms. Then place the new trim that came with Island Living
What happens when the bug occurs? A black outline of the roof trim appears through parts of the floor of the second storey rooms.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see no hint of roof or roof trim within the walls of my houses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Purchased and installed Island Living

This is a weird bug that I only see affect the new roof trim that came with Island Living, whenever I added any other type of roof trim to my roofs, the fuzzy black lines would disappear immediately. I'm sure the roof trim is just to lush and luxurious to be contained by the conventional methods for roof trims. You can see it in the hallway here near the stairs in my house. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,444 Views)

Champion

@SongOfAwesome I have tried adding roofing sections of two types on three different floors and added the both of the version of the roof trim and cannot reproduce the issue. These tests also included medium and regular wall height floors. With this in mind and before we try other things, since you had Mods &/or CC before, there is a possibility that there could be remaining effects. Will you please try the following and see if the issue is still there before we try additional things? Thank you!

Please do the following in this order:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (1,372 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SheriGR Thank you for trying to recreate the bug. Unfortunately I followed all your steps and still have the same result. I don't use mods and I only use 1 piece of CC (a simple picture frame), but even after removing it, all the traces of it, and repairing the game, I still have the black lines protruding through the floor. I personally don't mind, it doesn't impact gameplay. I was just worried that other people may have the problem and it would bother them. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SongOfAwesome I was happy to try. The fact that I could not reproduce does not mean that others may have the issue. I will ask a fellow helper to also test it, as he is on PC. Sometimes bugs are specific to the system you are on. I am on Mac.

I have been informed by a fellow helper that he has experienced this issue a number of times before patch, and that it is related for how the outer roof "enters" the room, the height of the roof, how the game "reads" this room, and on if it is a closed space or not. Sometimes nothing helps and you have to re-create the roof differently.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 4 of 5 (1,333 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Roof Trim Clipping Through Floors.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SongOfAwesome I apologize for adding another post here but I feel embarrassed to admit that I just realized what the issue is and how to fix it -  and that I also see it in my game now. I was not completely understanding as I thought it was being created by the roof above the room. Please see below in my game. The roof that you can see is creating a red line/rim on the floor in the room. This is caused by the factors mentioned before (angle, etc) but you may be able to correct it by simply changing the roof trim on that section of roof. For instance, in this image I had the widest roof trim. When I changed it to the narrow roof trim the line was gone, without moving or re-doing anything. Or you can do what I ended up doing since I want the wide trim on this build... drag the roof's eve in on that side. It appears to me from your screenshot that you also used the wide trim, so I thought you may want to try this solution.

roof-trim.jpg

Message 5 of 5 (1,289 Views)