by Sid1701d9

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Removed Beach Towel still shows on Neighborhood View

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not entirely sure. I placed a lot on Oasis Springs and demolished it and that started the bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? The beach towel shows in neighborhood/world view but when you go on the lot there is nothing there.
What do you expect to see? The beach towel not present on lots that don't have it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was building on one of my lots and I decided to demolish the lot and when I went to the neighborhood view I noticed beach towels were still on the lot. When I enter the lot in build mode there is nothing there. It is only on neighborhood view. Even placing a house doesn't fix the issue as it seems that the towels levitate in the air. And the pricing of the lot is not effected by the towels. It seems like a graphical glitch but I am not sure.Untitled 1.bmp

Message 1 of 6 (512 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Beach Towel won't delete

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

thumbnails don't reset until after you save and reload.

Edit: Sometimes you got to restart the game.

Message 2 of 6 (496 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Removed Beach Towel still shows on Neighborhood View

Hero
@JesseJay1990 I tested this on my game (although a different lot in Oasis Springs).

The towels showed up fine when I placed then and after bulldozing the lot, they were gone.

What kind of mods/cc are you using ? Did you save with the towel present ? Did you test if it happens in other worlds/lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (471 Views)

Re: Beach Towel won't delete

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Sid1701d9 The pictures are recent. I've been having this problem for a few days so the game has been saved and reloaded multiple times.

@crinrict It doesn't appear to happen in any other worlds or lots. I removed all my mods and turned the game back on and the towels still appeared in world view and I don't have any mods that would effect the mapping or anything. That's why I think it's a glitch because it's so random and seems like a coding or mapping issue.

EDIT: I've also realized that whatever you build on that lot effects the positioning of the towels. When I built a really tall lot the towels were shifted all the way over and it actually looked like they were outside the bounds of the lot.

(merge post, you can edit your own post Wink) - Atic

Message 4 of 6 (452 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The towel might be out of bounds of the lot and are in the world, but showing up as part of the lot, or someone could have placed a towel on that lot, but its not owned by that lot.

Message 5 of 6 (428 Views)

Hero
@JesseJay1990 I'll test that lot then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (409 Views)