by BitwiseGurl

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] 'On Phantom Wing Framed Art' stuck when found beach combing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Seasons (though this happened before I stopped running Seasons as well)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sims continually comb the beach for trash in Sulani until the find a 'On Phantom Wing Framed Art'
What happens when the bug occurs? This item is not live draggable, cannot be sold from the sim's inventory, and it cannot be placed in the world by the sim - therefore it will be stuck in their inventory their whole life
What do you expect to see? Either be able to sell it through their inventory or have them place it in the world while on their home lot so I can sell it in build/buy mode
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When beachcombing for trash, all items found are fine, except the On Phantom Wing framed art - this will remain stuck in the sim's inventory until they die as it is not live draggable and they can't place it in the world either.

Message 1 of 7 (1,219 Views)

Re: Inventory issue for beachcombing for trash

Hero
@BitwiseGurl Could you please edit your bug report and include the template. It seems you weren't prompted to fill it out. It should be there if you edit it. If not, please try making a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,180 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] 'On Phantom Wing Framed Art' stuck when found beach combi

★★★ Novice

I had the exact same thing happen same circumstances same platform,  I can't move it and I have never had any custom content, on a PC got it while beachcombing.  I can not do anything with it not sell it not use it on my walls nothing.

Message 3 of 7 (1,078 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] 'On Phantom Wing Framed Art' stuck when found beach combi

★★ Apprentice

I just found a work around - but it only works for children and teenagers. A sim in the scouting 'career' or after-school activity can donate the item to charity. From now on, I'm gonna just have children and teenagers beachcomb for trash XD

Message 4 of 7 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This issue is still going on.
Just recently this issue happened to me, and I searched the forum and found here. So I push MeeToo and am posting this reply.

The situation in which the issue happened is the same as in the original post.

Some of the templates are used to describe the playing environment;

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Japanese
How often does the bug occur? i don't know, just first time i play IL (so,100%?)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
i have all EPs except CLC, Vampires, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, and Holiday Celebration Pack.
Mods? Never i used (Vanilla)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? i don't know, i just bought IL

I've explained above what I have but now I play using Island Living, Vampire, Vintage Glamour, Tiny Living and Holiday Celebration Pack. (i removed others using Origin's "-disablepacks:" command.)
i just posted this report to keep this thread alive.

Message 5 of 7 (809 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Pick-a-boo_doo A couple of Japanese simmers have given me some information on how to get around this. You will need the Eco Life Pack though.
You can recycle with a household recycling machine. This way you don't have to grab the object and you can choose the object to be recycled.
However, this is a workaround that only works if you have an Eco Pack. Even though the object belongs to the base game.
I hope everyone to be able to delete the object.
Message 6 of 7 (776 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BitwiseGurl I realized that the solution to this problem was very simple.
All you have to do is to turn on the "Select multiple items" button and click on the corresponding item.
Then you can sell all the items in your inventory that you can't grab or sell.
This also works if you can't sell the treasure map you dug out of the stone.
This is a basic operation that does not require any mods and can be used in a vanilla environment.
If you are having trouble, give it a try.
Message 7 of 7 (593 Views)