by mengzhu123

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Non-Mermaid form doesn't have mermaid eyes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1520
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of it
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Newly minted mermaids
What happens when the bug occurs? After switching to human form, no MERMAN's eye race
What do you expect to see? The human form also has the eye of the Mermaid race
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's always been a problem

01.jpg

Fix this problem as soon as possible

In addition, when you switch to human form, there is no eye for a mermaid species (much like a vampire, but not a mermaid)

[Admin - merged multiple posts together]

Message 1 of 41 (5,127 Views)

Re: About the eyes of a mermaid

★★ Guide
@mengzhu123 This has always been the case and it is not a bug I believe. You just need to pick the eyes you want in mermaid form and have the form linked with the human form.
Message 2 of 41 (5,071 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] About the eyes of a mermaid

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@mengzhu123 : When I was testing the bug where the mermaid form is deleted in CAS if you randomize his/her eyes in Human Form a while back, I noticed this, too. I could safely randomize the eyes in Mermaid Form, but they didn't get passed down to the Human Form. As @SisterGloomy pointed out, you can force the eyes onto Human Form by manually picking them in Mermaid Form and making sure that at least the Face option is linked (I think).

Message 3 of 41 (5,033 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] About the eyes of a mermaid

★★★★★ Apprentice

However, I also discovered that the eyes of Mermaids can not be passed on to children

Message 4 of 41 (4,961 Views)

Mermaid CAS eyes only available on mermaid form / Not unlocked for other occult

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create a Mermaid & Spellcaster in CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? mermaid eyes are not unlocked for spellcasters, and for mermaid's human forms.
What do you expect to see? I would like to be able to choose any supernatural eyes for any supernatural sim Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I didn't even know that Mermaids had their own fishy eyes in CAS, because you can only choose them while you are in the mermaid form.

You CAN choose the eyes while linked with the normal form, thus changing human forms eyes as well, but I feel like there's probably a lot of players who had no idea these eyes exists like me.

I think they are super cool, and would like to see them unlocked for spellcasters/vampires/aliens as well. Basically, just unlock all occult eyes for all occult sims please <3.

Message 5 of 41 (4,749 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Non-Mermaid form doesn't have mermaid eyes

★ Apprentice

This issue is also happening to me:

Screenshot 2021-05-04 032908.png

I wish merfolk eyes were visible on human forms, just like vampire eyes are showing up in CAS on human forms

Screenshot 2021-05-04 033155.png

Message 6 of 41 (4,564 Views)

[IL] Mermaid eyes won't link to human form any more in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Werewolves, Strangerville, Paranormal Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and create a mermaid Sim. Link both forms (All) and try to give them mermaid eyes. The mermaid eyes are not showing in human form, despite 'link all' being ticked.
What happens when the bug occurs? When assigning mermaid eyes to a sim in CAS, they are not linking to the Sim's human form, despite having link 'ALL' being selected in the linking options (I notice there is no individual option for eyes).
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sim to display mermaid eyes in human form when the two forms are linked. This has worked and still works with older creations but not with any new ones.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I used to be able to create mermaid sims with linked mermaid eyes in both forms in CAS, but in the last month this hasn't been working. I have clicked link 'All' in the form links option but it is not working. The eyes are turning back to human in the human form. I note there is no individual option to link eyes. Has this feature been updated recently?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 7 of 41 (4,183 Views)

Re: (Island Living) Mermaid eyes won't link to human form any more in CAS

Hero
@WhatCobblers Is this what you are seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Non-Mermaid-form-doesn-t-have-mermaid-eyes/m-p/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 41 (4,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sort of. The mermaid eyes are showing up in mer form but they are reverting back to what you show me when I click on their human form. The link 'all' features button doesn't seem to be working on new mermaids. 

Message 9 of 41 (4,123 Views)

Hero
@WhatCobblers OK. found another thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/IL-Mermaid-form-does-not-stay-unlinked-and-links-to-swims-wear...

That what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 41 (4,105 Views)