by verfens

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids use normal swim style on high Fitness

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get mermaid to 10th level fitness.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lovely mermaid swim style is replaced by what looks like the high level swimming cycle that was shown off during the island living pack display ?
What do you expect to see? The mermaid swim cycle, perhaps a bit faster...definitely not the mermaids tail acting like a human legs that are kicking.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.07.10 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.09.54 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.07.44 AM.png

Here are some pictures of the bug.  If there's a way to record the swim cycle I'm happy to upload a video too.  I'm going to see if cheating the level down gets rid of it.

Message 1 of 7 (1,024 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Mermaids use normal swim style on Fitness 10

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My sim has not reached level 10 fitness but occasionally has this issue too.

Message 2 of 7 (970 Views)

★★ Guide

yeah I should have updated this when I saw my level 8 fitness mermaid do it as well its not common but it definitely sometimes glitches out and takes the wrong swim cycle.

Message 3 of 7 (961 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@verfens I'm wondering, there was another bug reported where they use normal swim style when you reload the game/map while they are swimming.

Is that what you're seeing or do you see it randomly when you enter the water without changing map ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-IL-Mermaids-use-human-swimming-animation-after/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (882 Views)

★★ Guide

It usually happens in my mermaid family on the naturalistic island of Mua...something.  It seemed completely random to me, I could be playing for hours without reloading things because my sims lived on that island, and every once in a while they'd enter the water and start the wrong swim cycle.  Resetting the sims don't help, but going in and out of the water fixes it.  

Message 6 of 7 (863 Views)

Hero
@verfens THanks for your feedback. Sound separate then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (853 Views)