[NEEDS SAVES] [IL] Mermaids can't sunbathe during the day

by BehemothYay

Original Post

Re: Sunbathing will not work?

Hero
@destinerachea What are you seeing in detail ? What's the message when you click on the option ? Is your Sim a mermaid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 33 (2,127 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict My sim is not a mermaid. All of my sims cant sunbathe. I deleted all my weather mods and fixed deaderpool comand center. It wont let my sims sunbathe at all it says its too cloudy or too dark.
Message 22 of 33 (2,116 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 33 (2,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@marblecjskIt is probably due to modifying Game Time Speed. This has previously broken other things in the same manner. Try deactivating the Game Time Speed function, and sun bathing should work normally again.
To try it the simplest way possible, try with MCCC in and move out your mc_settings and let the mod create a new.

(Another example of an issue that happens with Game Time Speed can be found in Deaderpools faq for the mod.https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/help/faq#TimeSpeedSeasons )

Message 24 of 33 (2,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I found the issue!!!! Its this mod.No hot-cold-weather-outfits required.

Message 25 of 33 (2,068 Views)

Hero
@destinerachea Tanks for the feedback.

I removed the mod link as we're not allowed to link mods, just name them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 33 (2,046 Views)

★ Apprentice
@itsug Yeah, I figured that out. I just reverted the speed back to default, didn't need to move or delete the settings. Thanks though!
Message 27 of 33 (2,035 Views)

★ Guide

I had this happen to me in my game as well. I deleted the towels and added new ones and it worked fine.

Message 28 of 33 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

reference to @Coz626

~I have that same glitch where my mermaids will cannot sunbathe in the water because it is always too cloudy but they can just fine in human form. I have no mods and I only have the standard game with Island Living. Does anyone know how to fix this?

@Guiboulou Did you ever get it figured out? Where you able to get your mermaid to sunbathe in the water?

Message 29 of 33 (1,853 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anyone found an answer to this? I just bought Island Living and do not have any mods or Seasons. 

My mermaids also cannot sunbathe out in the ocean but they can in their human form on the beach. Also, the clouds block my view of my sims if I try to zoom out too far. I've gotten irritated with it when trying to zoom out to look at my lots when building. 

My roommate and I bought Island Living at the same time but she does not have this problem

Message 30 of 33 (1,573 Views)