by ravencoal

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaids: Every day hair does not apply to other categories

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except DU, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Bowling Night, & Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create or download a mermaid and edit in CAS. Change hair in the every day category on the mermaid's human form.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the hair in the every day category changes. All other categories remain the same hair. This is true whether or not the hair is linked to the mermaid form.
What do you expect to see? The every day hair to apply across all categories as with other sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was able to recreate this consistently with mermaids, although I have seen similar issues happening with spellcasters. In the wild I have seen every day not apply at all, and I have also seen it only apply to the hot and cold category (sadly was not able to reproduce the hot/cold only). I spent a long time this morning testing because I've noticed this happen a few times now. Both with mods and without mods, I tried creating sims of all types (including normal), I downloaded sims of all occult types, in all cases I made sure to get one that had hair that I didn't own to start them bald because I thought that might be part of the problem. The mermaid I downloaded was one I had before who I knew had been created with the same hair for all outfits. I was not able to get this issue with any sims except for the mermaids. I only didn't put this as 100% because I'm sure I've seen the same or similar happen with spellcasters but was not able to recreate with them while testing.I am also seeing that if I change a single category, but change it back or change the every day to match, any further changes to every day do not apply to the changed category even when they start as the same hairstyle, but that may be working more or less as intended.

NOTE: I may actually have a workaround for the problem for you, if you link the hair and change it in the MERMAID form, it will change all categories across the human form.

Message 1 of 1 (545 Views)