Re: My sim dropped her guitar in the ocean and I cannot get it back!

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Mermaid dropping guitar in the water making it unreachable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL of them. When this screen shot was posted, I did not yet have Moschino stuff. (Screenshot taken August 12th)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Put musical instrument in mermaid Sims inventory. 2. Have mermaid Sim swim. 3. Have mermaid Sim practice instrument or try to play instrument. 4. Try to use bb.moveobjects on to retrieve guitar (I did, and I couldn't!)
What happens when the bug occurs? See screenshot - musical instrument is dropped in ocean.
What do you expect to see? Mermaid Sim either keeps instrument in inventory or drops instrument on land before entering the water. (Possibly with a message: Getting this instrument wet might ruin it!) Also, I expect to be able to find my game version number in Origin, not just by running the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living.

08-12-19_10-20-51 AM.png08-12-19_10-21-48 AM.pngAs you can see, the mermaid Sim dropped her guitar in the ocean. Guess she didn't want to play it - in no uncertain terms!

Message 6 of 12 (1,330 Views)

Unmovable water guitar

★ Apprentice

My mermaid sim tried to swim with her guitar and now it's in the middle of the ocean, floating on the surface like the guitar is Jesus Christ himself. My sim can't retrieve it, and it's outside of the lot, so I can't retrieve it either. I've already tried setashead.

Any suggestions on how to retrieve or just get rid of this thing?

Message 1 of 12 (1,352 Views)

Re: Unmovable water guitar

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried to reset the guitar itself?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 12 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yep. No luck

Here's the offending guitar...it's just in view of my house, yet out of reach

@GasolineCrea (side note ive never attached an image before so sorry if i messed it up)

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 12 (1,305 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@GasolineCrea wrote:
@GasolineCrea(side note ive never attached an image before so sorry if i messed it up)

Your picture perfectly illustrates the issue.

Any chance of your Mermaid swimming near the guitar and command her to 'put in inventory'?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 12 (1,280 Views)

★ Apprentice

There honestly isnt even a put in inventory button. I don't know why

I tried to have her play it so she'd pick it up but she can't reach it so I don't think I could put it away even if the button was there

Message 5 of 12 (1,264 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@userafw OK - this is probably a dumb question, but did you try to click on it and select place in inventory? When I am in an apartment my sims often leave things on tables in the hallway. I can't drag them into inventory, but if I click it and tell my sim to put it into inventory they will.
Message 7 of 12 (1,269 Views)

★ Guide

If @dcj504's option doesn't work, you can also try to move your foundation out over the guitar with moveobjects off. I had an object get stuck partially under the stilted foundation while I was building with moveobjects on and couldn't get it out again, and turning the cheat off and extending the foundation over it deleted the item. You'll have to rebuy it of course, but at least it won't be weirdly stuck there.

Message 8 of 12 (1,255 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did try to put it back in her inventory, but alas, it did not work. She ignored the command. When I watched closely, there was a routing failure. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,249 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@userafw I merged another existing thread into this one. Only option is probably to download a mod and delete the object.

TwistedMexi (just google) has a mods to do that. It's called Destroy Object Cheat Fix

As for the version number, you can find a file in your doc folder that gives you the number without entering the game: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

I like your suggestion about having it in Origin but it's probably best if you make that suggestion in the Origin forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,221 Views)