Re: sims looks resetting after becoming a mermaid

by simvasion

Original Post

Highlighted

Champion
@Munching_Croc In CAS deselect the chain icon between her regular and mermaid forms. That’s the “link changes” button so any changes you are making are being copied between both forms. That’s why when you’re putting bikinis on her mermaid form, your human clothes are changing to swimwear too.
Message 21 of 28 (1,240 Views)

Hero
@Munching_Croc I merged this to the all outfit are Swimwear thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 28 (1,211 Views)

Re: All outfit are Swimsuit

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes one of my male sims also explained in another thread, suddenly not in any clothes but swimsuit, he is adult mermaid, (Mum witch dad mermaid). When I go into CAS all his outfits are still there, but after going back to game play, clicking on change outfit either on sim or on drawers only three outfits come up and all are his swimming gear - Along side this he has also lost his tail and memaird swimming motion, unsure if linked.
Message 23 of 28 (1,174 Views)

Child Sim changes to swimwear to swim then all outfits become swimwear.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Easier to tell you what I don't have. I do not have Jungle Adv. or Outdoor Retreat. I do not have Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, or Luxury Pack Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seems to happen when I ask my child to swim laps in a pool created at the residence (possibly also after they dive into the pool). Father is a Vampire, Mother is a Mermaid. The child's has the Mermaid icon.
What happens when the bug occurs? All outfits change and/or disappear as the child changes into swimwear all outfits become swimwear. Any attempt to change the outfit back to original design fail. After a few attempts all only three placeholders can be seen when choosing outfit despite hitting the various tabs like party or sleep. All outfits are the swimwear. Changes in CAS do not translate when going back into play mode. Even after removing mods, clearing cache, saving the Household and moving them. The bug remains attached to the child sim. No other household member seems affect (young adults currently). Only fix I found was recovering old save and playing that. Has happened twice both time after swimming.
What do you expect to see? I click swim laps, the child changes into swimwear. All outfits become swimwear and this is random, not what was originally designed. Then all slots for different outfits reduce down to three all same randomly generated swimwear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch. At the time of the patch the child was a toddler.

Please see attached screen shot. As stated this problem has happened twice. The first time I spent several hours trying to resolve. I empty and removed all mods, cache files, and even started a new game with the household uploaded into the library and the downloaded. Problem followed. Only fix was to restore a past save and start over from that point. At the time I hadn't realized what the cause was until I click the child sim to go swimming. Specifically to jump off and do a swan dive and then swim laps. Once the outfit change happen the problem returned. 

All outfits become the a randomize version of the swimwear. Changes happen to clothes and hair. Any attempt to change the outfits result in all outfits showing one time as swimwear with the normal 7 different slots then any attempt after that the selection goes down to 3 as shown in the screen shot. Any attempts to change the outfit in CAS doesn't not hold when returning to active play. Sometimes there is a random altering of the base swimwear that is then copied into all slots. 

Message 24 of 28 (1,160 Views)

Re: Child Sim changes to swimwear to swim then all outfits become swimwear.

Hero
@dblkrose Merging your post with existing thread as you said the child is a mermaid to be.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 28 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Multiple things cause the bug to happen. In my case my sim went skinny dipping and she came out nude but her bottom censor was gone and then changed into a weird bikini that took up all 7 of my slots. Anywhere she goes she keeps it on, editing her outfit does nothing. She can take her clothes off but putting them on she has the bikini. The fact that this is happening in 2021 still sucks and I'm on console. I have no idea what to do.

Message 26 of 28 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem myself, on certain occasions, all available clothing has turned into swimwear.

I've tried a few things. I traveled to the top of Mount Komorebu on a freezing day, the Sim stayed in his swimsuit, but didn't freeze to death. So I think it's just a texture issue or something, as even though you can see the swimsuit, he's actually wearing winter clothes.

I think it happens when the mermaid Sim takes a bath in the bathtub and then immediately decides to go somewhere.

Message 27 of 28 (907 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I've had this happen a couple of times when my mermaid was swimming in mermaid form and I had them travel.  Not always, but sometimes.

I think I went into CAS, saw her outfits were still there in CAS, and hit save to exit and everything was fine.

Message 28 of 28 (903 Views)