by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Lot borders flickering in water

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Go to a lot on the water in Sulani (i.e., the beach or a beach house) 2) Click around - the borders of the lot flicker or flash oddly
What happens when the bug occurs? The borders of lots that overlook the water are flickering oddly
What do you expect to see? No flickering
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after installing Island Living

Here's a video of the issue (you can also view it here): 

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

I am running Sims 4 on Ultra graphics settings, no compression or laptop mode. My graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 960M. To-date, my PC has run Sims 4 almost flawlessly - no graphical or performance issues.

Message 1 of 4 (973 Views)

Re: Island Living: Lot borders flickering in water

Hero
@ravenshadow723 Could you try what happens if you lower the settings a bit ? Do they go away ?

Do you have this only in Sulani ? Sounds similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Graph-flicker-showing-up-on-water/td-p/7940931

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (950 Views)

Re: Island Living: Lot borders flickering in water

Hero
@ravenshadow723 Could you give me some more info on your settings ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (908 Views)

water glitching in Sulani

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load the game and go into a lot at night (perhaps during day as well). Zoom out and hover cursor outside the lot waters. You will see the lot boundaries glitching in and out of view in a flickering fashion.
What happens when the bug occurs? The lot boundaries glitch in and out of view on the bottom of the ocean floor.
What do you expect to see? I expect lot boundaries to be invisible. If not invisible, then at least not glitching in and out of view.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed island living.

Still happens after removing CC. 

Message 4 of 4 (885 Views)