by dragancaor

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Kava bowl on lot interrupts gourmet cooking

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, & SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook a Rack of Lamb with a Kava bowl on the lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Partway through cooking Rack of Lamb, the cook will leave partially made lamb meal on counter, walk out to gazebo & collect empty kava bowl from a table, carry it to kitchen & pour it's suddenly appearing contents into a baking tray in the oven. The Kava bowl & the partially made bowl of lamb on the counter then both disappear.
What do you expect to see? The sim to make a meal without them losing the unrelated kava bowl they purchased?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch & EP.

The kava bowl was not in the same room as the sim who was cooking - they left the kitchen to fetch it. 

Sim in question is level 10 for all cooking skills, has done all 3 food aspirations, & is both a "fresh chef" & a "stove & grill master." 

Fridge & stove are from JA.

Lot is tiny home tier 1

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,477 Views)

Re: Gourmet Cooking uses & loses Kava bowl

Hero (Retired)

I've seen this happen with the Kava bowl and cooking chocolate cake. They will stop making the cake, go outside to collect the kava bowl and use it to fill the cake pan in the oven. Both the cake bowl and the kava bowl then disappear.

I only had it happen on one lot I was playing the Torendi Tower Penthouse. I wasn't able to duplicate it after the household moved off that lot.

Message 2 of 7 (1,445 Views)

Caterer putting Kava Bowl in Oven

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throw a birthday party, hire a caterer, and have a kava bowl out with kava in it. **Birthday party was set up as a social event while the lottery was in place on a Sulani lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hired caterer places the Kava Bowl in the oven as if it is the item they are cooking. When the item is done 'baking' it comes out with whatever the caterer was cooking, in this case a taco casserole.
What do you expect to see? I expect the caterer to only touch the cooking/baking items they are working on and for those items only to result in a cooked/baked good.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent update on 12/14 downloaded

I don't have much additional information, it says it all there. While this is an annoying bug, it is pretty funny seeing a kava bowl turn into a food item.  

Message 3 of 7 (1,352 Views)

Re: Caterer putting Kava Bowl in Oven

Hero (Retired)
@momentomori119 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post.
Message 4 of 7 (1,344 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks! i searched for an existing ticket but nothing came up

Message 5 of 7 (1,318 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 7 (1,078 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Kava bowl on lot interrupts gourmet cooking

★★★ Newbie
@dragancaor i literally just watched this happen. Now i can assume thats how the coffee pot went missing too...
Message 7 of 7 (782 Views)