by Badgerborn

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Island Spirits won't leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a lot with Island Spirits trait. Wait for the spirit activity to start.
What happens when the bug occurs? The glowing swirly spirit things appear, but there's no spirit figure to interact with to make them go away and I'm stuck with a paranormal light show in the house.
What do you expect to see? I interact with the spirit figure, choose the desired option, the spirit activity stops and the swirly things are gone until next time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Removing the trait from the lot did no help. Disabling mods did not help. Kicked out the family and had them move back in - also didn't help. Demolished the lot and replaced it with a previously saved gallery clone - spirits were gone when the lot was empty, but once the house was placed there again, multiple spirit figures appeared (pic: spirits2), but only one could be interacted with. Then they all left, but the swirly lights are still here (pic: spirits3).

I've had the Island Spirits appear in this house before and everything was just fine up until now.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (4,557 Views)

Re: Island Spirits won't leave

Hero
@Badgerborn Can you make the same happen on a fresh save that never saw any mods/cc ? Do they also glitch ?

Do you get them also if you place the house on a different lot ? To see if it's lot or house related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (4,523 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I've created a fresh mod-free save recently to see what happens, it may take time for the bug to trigger. As I said before, the Spirirts visited me for about an in-game week before something broke.

And I've only just discovered one more thing, just a few minutes after making this thread. I replaced the lot with a cloned save of the same lot, but saved from a world state where it hasn't been lived in - and the spirits were gone. Then, just to check something, I put the cloned save of the spirit-infested lot in the brand-new, mod-free save - and got the bug again. So it seems like the spirits are somehow tied to the lot like objects, but for some reason cannot be removed like furniture or walls, etc.

The upside is that replacing the lot with a new one seems to be a solution... but the downside is that it would mean refurnishing the whole house, which I'd like to avoid.

(By the way, the lot in question is the one on the right to the Ohan'ali Beach.)

Message 3 of 15 (4,516 Views)

Hero

@Badgerborn 

are you still having issues with this ? Do you still have the same that had the issue ?

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (4,454 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict I have a copy where the house is still full of spirits (I've placed a new house in the original file and overwritten it). I'll send you the link in a minute.

Message 5 of 15 (4,442 Views)

Hero
@Badgerborn Thanks. I'll take a look when I can. Bit busy today but should have time tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (4,424 Views)

Hero
@Badgerborn It does look like the swirling lights have become permanent on that lot. The question is if you can create the same situation with bugging the lot without mods installed.

I mean, I can see it's still happening even on a modless save but if the lot is bugged, it could have happened because of them and the house becomes permanently bugged.

Only thing that does seem to work is place it unfurnished and place all furniture again.

I'll refrain from adding this for now but I'll forward it with your save.

If anyone else has this happening, please let me know, especially if you don't use mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,401 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [IL] Island Spirits won't leave

★★★★ Guide

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

100%

What is your current game version number?

1.21.40.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Add the island spirit trait to lot. Let spirits arrive. Change the lot trait.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Island spirits will not leave lot and block interactions with some objects.

What do you expect to see?

I expect for island spirits to leave when the lot trait is changed, and I expect to have the ability to interact with all objects in the house even if spirits are there.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Unknown

Message 8 of 15 (4,242 Views)

Island Spirits are gone after removing trait, but the swirling lights remain.

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs EXCEPT for university and get together, all game packs EXCEPT for strangerville and vampires & cool kitchen, laundry day, movie hangout, spooky stuff, toddler stuff stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? add "Island Spirits to property, save it. Then later, remove the trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? After removing the property trait for Island Spirits, the swirling multicolored lights appear on the lot. The island spirits do not appear but the swirling lights are.
What do you expect to see? No swirling lights after removing Island Spirits trait
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

screenshot attached

Message 9 of 15 (3,880 Views)

Re: Island Spirits are gone after removing trait, but the swirling lights remain

Hero
@boricuabomb I merged your post with the existing bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (3,840 Views)