Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Human Sim uses mermaid swim when "Swim Laps" in small pools

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Island Living, make a small swimming pool, and choose" Swim Laps" as the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will use the slow swimming mermaid animation with crooked feet and joined legs
What do you expect to see? Using the normal swimming animation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Island Living

I tried to have my sim do "Swim Laps" on a small swimming pool, but they use the mermaid small swimming animation instead of the ones normal sim usually do. It can be seen by the crooked feet movement and joined legs. I've recorded a video for it. Already took out all mods and ccs and the bug still persists.

Message 1 of 8 (2,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim will use the mermaid swim animation when doing "Swim Laps" in

Hero

Human Sims no longer will think they are Mermaids by swimming like them when swimming laps.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,031 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@onlyabidoang Tested this in my game. How small was the pool ? My mermaids switched fine.

Could you test this in a fresh save with a fresh mermaid that never saw any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrictit will occur if you're doing it with a regular sim, not mermaids. They used the small mermaid swim animation as a human sim instead of the regular human swimming animation, hence the crooked feet and joined legs. For the pool size, there's a video I provided in the main post as a reference. Yes, I tried it on a fresh new save. Sorry if it's not clear enough.

Message 3 of 8 (2,329 Views)

Hero
Not sure if this happens if you don't have the pack but added as IL issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,289 Views)

Human Sim "Swimming like Mermaid" Broken Animation

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated August 18th
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs EXCEPT: Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put an active sim in a 2x8 pool of water to swim laps
What happens when the bug occurs? Human sim uses mermaid animation, broken feet ensue
What do you expect to see? Human sims should not swim like they have tails, and feet should not act like they are fins.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had a human sim begin to swim in a small pool and noticed that her animation seemed to be the mermaid one, but my save has never had mermaids played, nor am I using CC at this time. Look at the feet, something is very very wrong with that, and I can't seem to make her stop swimming like that, even resetting the sim. I am pretty sure that is a glitch and not sure how to make her stop, as the feet part are really creeping me out.

Message 5 of 8 (2,250 Views)

Re: Human Sim "Swimming like Mermaid" Broken Animation

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @Skyeraid !!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

Do you mind having a look at this report as it sounds pretty similar to what you described in your report. If you feel like the report is about the same issue, you can hit the [Me Too] button on the report and let us know so we can merge your report with the already existing one. Standard smile

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 8 (2,230 Views)

Re: Human Sim "Swimming like Mermaid" Broken Animation

★★★★★ Apprentice

It happens in big pools too, to regular and occult sims (not counting mermaids of course).

Just my two cents, I was redirected here from my own glitch. Playing on ps4 pro with all packs installed.

Happy gaming everyone 🙂

Message 7 of 8 (2,085 Views)

Hero

Human Sims no longer will think they are Mermaids by swimming like them when swimming laps.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,032 Views)