Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own and have installed every single pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build on one of the lots in Sulani out into the water and also use the stilt foundation (it that is what they are called) in the water. build an outdoor patio in the front or back of the house and the glitch occurs when moving the camera/zooming
What happens when the bug occurs? The outside flooring glitches (disappears and reappears)
What do you expect to see? I expect the flooring to not glitch (disappears and reappears)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living expansion pack

I'm experiencing an issue in game where the outdoor flooring on my builds in Sulani glitches out and disappears/reappears as I move the camera around or zoom. This happens in both build mode and live mode, I can still place items on the "floor", but it's difficult at the item often snaps onto the ground bellow and sims can walk there.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 2 of 78 (8,244 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Floors disappearing on water lots with glass floors

Hero

Fixed an issue related to flooring glitches while placing the dance floor or crystal clear
flooring.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Please specific which floor and lot you used and upload your lot to the gallery and post name when making a new thread. It's unclear if all issues mentioned in this thread are fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 78 of 78 (3,606 Views)

All Replies

Floor Disappearing

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get To Work, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change a wall to a fence on any room on the second floor
What happens when the bug occurs? When I turn the camera all the floors disappear, except for rooms that are fully enclosed with walls. It reappears at different camera angles & when the mouse is over it, but I cannot place anything on the disappearing floor no matter what.
What do you expect to see? Floor should always be visible & I should be able to place things onto the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshots of floor & grid disappearing & reappearing at different angles:

06-20-19_4-22-32 PM.png06-20-19_4-22-45 PM.png

Message 1 of 78 (8,118 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Glitch in outside flooring disappearing in Water lot buil

Hero
As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I just forwarded this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 78 (8,148 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Glitch in outside flooring disappearing in Water lot buil

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think I have the same problem... I had to change the foundations to stilt and it bothers me because I want to have stone there but that's the only work around right now.

(this is actually the starry sky during night visible in the place of the floor)

Message 4 of 78 (8,124 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem! It’s really frustrating Frown

Message 5 of 78 (8,095 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] New foundation disappears

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Newest expansion- the new foundation is disappearing completely when zooming.
What happens when the bug occurs? FOundation is transparent- you can see the posts and water but no flooring. Sims can walk on the floor, but you cant see it. I have repaired my game multiple times and removed all CC and mods- also turned off CC and mods.
What do you expect to see? A floor
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

When building on certain angles and zooms, the foundation is disappearing. Also happens in normal game play. I have repaired my game, disabled and removed CC/mods, and have completely deleted the foundation and rebuilt it- still happens.

I'm completely updated, I have all expansions and packs installed. I repaired through Origin three times now.

I play on all High and Very High graphic settings.

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

Message 6 of 78 (8,167 Views)

Re: New foundation disappears- you can see the posts and water but no flooring.

★★★★ Novice

Yes I am having the same problem, especially with decks outside. When I zoom in and out, it disappears

Message 7 of 78 (8,135 Views)

Stilted Foundation Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but StrangerVille
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a stilted foundation over the water and build a room on top of it and then zoom in and out and move the camera around and it will bug.
What happens when the bug occurs? When using stilted foundations on the new map from Island Living and placing rooms on top of it, it creates a new foundation causing a glitch where when you zoom in and move around the lot the floor vanishes and just creates a blue void.
What do you expect to see? A floor
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

see the screenshots

Message 8 of 78 (8,142 Views)

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

Hero
@Dannyy396 Do you feel this is the same or different from yours ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/New-foundation-disappears-you-can-see-the-posts-and-water-but-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 78 (8,126 Views)

Re: Stilted Foundation Glitch

★★ Novice

yeah the exact same

Message 10 of 78 (8,123 Views)