by KimZ1111

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Ghost Just Won't Appear In Sulani

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to move a tomb or an urn on any lot of IL. Wait for several days. The ghost will not appear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ghost will not appear on the island no matter for how long you wait.
What do you expect to see? The ghost should appear on the same conditions as in the other "worlds".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living

No matter how long I wait, no matter where I place a tomb or an urn, the ghosts will not appear on any of the Island Living world's lot. Moving the tomb to any other world fixes this.

Message 1 of 9 (2,466 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [IL] Ghost Just Won't Appear In Sulani

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rostsit Seems consistent with the rest of the issues in Sulani where Sims don't appear.

Ghost live in hidden households so they don't technically live in Sulani.

Leaving this separate for now though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,393 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@rostsit : I recently learned on Twitter that Sims from other Worlds don't appear on their on in Sulani on their own, and this is By Design:

https://twitter.com/catdadsims/status/1142113763396481024

This sounds like another over-application of that, though, like the issue of outsider Sims not showing up/immediately leaving if you invite them over. (Also, I agree with Linnea Hulten there that outsiders shouldn't be completely blocked from visiting other worlds on their own, but that's another thing entirely. Large smile )

Message 3 of 9 (2,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@StarryMightI don't know what do you mean by this. My sims from other "worlds" can be seen all over Sulani, wandering around, swimming etc. No problem to invite guests, too.

Message 5 of 9 (2,321 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@rostsit wrote:

@StarryMightI don't know what do you mean by this. My sims from other "worlds" can be seen all over Sulani, wandering around, swimming etc. No problem to invite guests, too.

Wow, really? Standard smile Is this without mods? (Also, did you at least delete localthumbcache.package after you took out the mods?)

Message 6 of 9 (2,308 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Ghost Just Won't Appear In Sulani

★ Pro

I added the Hoapili pre-made Maxis family in Sulani into my rotational play in one save after installing Island Living. While away recently, the grandmother on the lot died and her urn was sitting on the front porch when I came back. I didn't get a notice of her passing but my other 2 played families are in different worlds and didn't know her.

Instead of leaving her urn on the porch, I moved it to the yard creating a tombstone. The option to strengthen her spirit was present, which I had the granddaughter do, along with engraving an epitaph. The grandmother's ghost has never appeared on the lot, nor has she even called the granddaughter, as I've often had happen with other families. Feels like the grandmother's spirit is just totally suppressed.

I'm playing my 3 families for 5 days each before rotating and have been back to the Hoapili HH several times. No ghost appearance, no notice of spirit fading away and no option has reappeared on the tombstone to strengthen the connection to the world, either. This Chieftain's Villa lot had the Island Spirits lot trait and the grandmother had the Child of the Islands trait. The sim I had the granddaughter marry and move in also has the Child of the Islands trait, which can summon Elementals. Since Elementals are essentially ghosts and have to be summoned to appear, I'm thinking this might be at least a part of the problem with family ghosts on a lot not appearing on their own in Sulani but that's conjecture on my part.

Playing on PC, no mods or cc ever used.

Message 7 of 9 (2,207 Views)

★★ Novice

My ghost won't even come out when the tombstone is moved to another world. I had the book of life for this sim aswell and summoning the sim doesn't work either.

I've been at it for days in another world, to get the ghost out, not happening.

Message 8 of 9 (2,143 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictrostsit Got on here just to look and see if others have had the no-ghost-on-Sulani problem. I loaded my game, and WOW, got my first ghost in Sulani. Of course, it’s on the Journey’s End lot, which seems to be glitchy.
Message 9 of 9 (2,132 Views)