by 2hCreations

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [GTW] Alien sims cannot complete Beach Life Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs + jungle + vampires + dine out + outdoor + laundry + fitness + vintage + backyard + movie + spooky + holidays
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask an alien sim to complete the first steps of the beach life aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? The alien sim cannot complete the first steps of the beach life aspiration because his/her skin cannot tan
What do you expect to see? I expect to see one of the steps already completed because of the alien's skin strange properties
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I understand that alien sims don't tan. But the Beach Life Aspiration cannot be completed by those sims. So I suggest that the step about tanning should already be completed for Alien Sims. This way, we could move on to the next task.

Message 1 of 6 (1,570 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [IL] [GTW] Alien sims cannot complete Beach Life Aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@2hCreations: To me, this is most likely an oversight. It's possible for aliens, mermaids, and (I assume?) spellcasters to be given vampire Aspirations, too.

Also, I don't have Realm of Magic, but I'm now assuming that aliens, vampires, and mermaids can also assume spellcaster-related Aspirations, too.

EDIT: Some additional info that EuphorialQueen has told me since I last posted this:

"The game may randomly assign aspirations to Sim who cannot complete them. Hybrids are not intended from everything I have read. Occults can only complete aspiration goals pertaining to their particular state."

Message 2 of 6 (1,497 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] [GTW] Alien sims cannot complete Beach Life Aspiration

★ Guide

I have the same problem with my alien. He can't suntan either. How is he supposed to be a "normal" member of society & assimilate to human culture if he is described against just for the blue color of his skin!?

I'm honestly really disappointed. I wanted my alien to do all 3 location aspirations then have alien babies & settle down. Now he's just the * who solved the Strangerville mystery & can't sing very well. There's no fun in that.

Message 3 of 6 (1,288 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@2hCreations I've noticed the same - it isn't so much that the sim is an alien but the colour of their skin. I have created some berry sims and it seems anything outside the "normal" skin tones cannot tan.
Message 4 of 6 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I hope they update the aspirations, so that all of them can be completed by any type of sim. I like what they did with the Spa Day update, where they added three quite open-ended aspirations. I think the Beach Life aspiration should be more open-ended too, because right now it feels more like a tutorial than an aspiration, and it's absolutely an oversight that aliens and other non-tanable sims can't complete the aspirations without cheats.

Message 5 of 6 (1,059 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue, my sim has a blue skin tone but isn't an alien. But since they can't tan because of it, they can't complete the aspiration.

Message 6 of 6 (804 Views)