Re: Bug Eyes After Tanning

by GiardiniDiMarzo

Original Post

Bug Eyes After Tanning

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim tan and then their portrait will change.
What happens when the bug occurs? Their eyes get super big and their nose small
What do you expect to see? For their portrait to not change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Example

Screenshot (2).png

Message 11 of 34 (1,390 Views)

Re: Bug Eyes After Tanning

★★★★★ Expert

I have the same problem, in my case my Sims after the tan the get a huge chin.

Message 12 of 34 (1,349 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

★★★★★ Apprentice

If this helps narrow anything down at all, the big eyes may be the "Grim Reaper" "bug eyes" those were large like that, right. Maybe the thumbnail defaults to that?

Message 13 of 34 (1,318 Views)

Suntanning face glitch

★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply suntan.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims face in their portrait changes every time they suntan. Their face becomes huge and bloated.
What do you expect to see? My sims face to remain the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's been two years and I'm still having this problem. They said the issue was resolved but it wasn't. 

Message 14 of 34 (1,281 Views)

Sunbathing - Sim Preview Eyes Get Bigger

★★★ Novice

I've noticed, regardless if I have mods or not, when my sims sunbathe their face gets really weird in the preview.  Their eyes get bigger and they move outward on their heads.  This only happens in the preview on the bottom left, not on the actual sim.  After a while it goes away, but when they get tanned or sunburned again it comes back.

Message 15 of 34 (1,230 Views)

Re: Sunbathing - Sim Preview Eyes Get Bigger

Hero
@sirarthurhipoint I merged your post with the bug report on this. Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,187 Views)

Re: Sunbathing - Sim Preview Eyes Get Bigger

★★ Apprentice

This preview glitch happens to my sim until I change their outfit.  This time though, after getting a tan, my sim's whole outfit and face changed in live mode!  That whole outfit is ruined now.  FYI: I do have mods on so maybe that amplified the glitch?

Normal:                                                      Glitch:

suntan bug 2.pngsuntan bug.png

Before Tan:                                                After Tan:

suntan bug live.pngsuntan bug live 2.png

Message 17 of 34 (1,118 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

★★ Apprentice

It’s still not fixed!!!!!! I’ve tried on pc, mac ,xbox , removed the game many times and reinstalled it, but the weird face on the portrait is still happening when the sim has the sunkissed moodlet. The face is changing with different outfits. I hope we get a fix soon, it’s been so many years. I hate having my sims sunbathing because they became ugly on the portrait. Sims team!!!! Please!!!!!!! Stop making new content and actually fix the game we have so many bugs!!!!!!!!

Message 18 of 34 (966 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

★★★★ Guide

It happens to me too, and never was fixed since IL... is it a feature? lol

Message 19 of 34 (949 Views)

Sun tan

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't have werewolves or the majority of kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tan using sun protection, not sure if it does without sun protection
What happens when the bug occurs? Changes my sims facial features on the left of the screen
What do you expect to see? Just a tan
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure when it started but it makes my sims look like aliens when they're happy etc on the left of the screen.

Message 20 of 34 (903 Views)