by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your sim to tan.
What happens when the bug occurs? They tan but their avatar is distorted in the first clothing option of everyday. Usually their eyes are huge.
What do you expect to see? For them to look the same in the avatar but with slightly darker skin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has happened since I Installed Island Living.

I've had this issue since IL but thought it was still being looked at, saw the thread for this error was closed as "fixed" though, so I thought I'd report I still have this happen. I've attached some pictures. This happens on all saves as well so I don't know how helpful sending you the save would be, I can if you need it though. The face looks as it should in "Everyday1 Not Tanned" and "Everyday2 Tanned", the other one is the bugged face.

Hope this helps.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 31 (7,871 Views)

Re: [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

★★★★ Guide

I also had this problem! Once my male mermaid Sim got a tan and after he changed clothes, suddenly his whole face looked distorted (just like your Sim in the screenshots) with huge eyes. The only way I could get rid of the bug was to delete that certain outfit and create a new one.

Message 2 of 31 (7,799 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Faces Warp in Avatar After Tanning

Hero
@RobinKLocksley Could you add a picture of your graphics settings ? Have you tried checking if it happens too if you change them ? Do you have laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 31 (7,717 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I don't play in laptop mode, no. Happens on many different settings I've tried but if there's something you'd advise trying to change based on the pic please let me know cause I'll give it a wee go or let you know if I've already tried it. I'm restarting the game when I test graphics, don't worry.

I had the same issue on a previous machine I did have laptop mode on.

This is a new save started on a new computer though so I must be super unlucky.

Message 4 of 31 (7,666 Views)

Hero
@RobinKLocksley I haven't tested myself but there seems very little reports after it got fixed the first time so just collecting info for QA to be able to repro

So thanks for the pic.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (7,649 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I can see that, only one other person. So it can't be a very common thing any more, can it? I must be extra special.

Super weird I have it on two different machines with completely different settings. I tried a wee folder refresh and everything. I can't work out what the common denominator is here. Puzzling. 🤔😂

I'll keep testing settings and I'll let you know if I get an "AHA!" moment.
Message 6 of 31 (7,643 Views)

Sim icon showing a different looking Sim on a certain outfit

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Ep10.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change into different outfits
What happens when the bug occurs? I noticed the icon looked VERY different to what the Sim looks like. She’s an adult and I’ve never seen this happen before. I changed her into another outfit and her image disappeared for a little bit and then showed the correct Sim.
What do you expect to see? Not show weird random looking Sims on their icon
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can’t believe how many bugs are just popping up everywhere! The first image is how she normally looks, the second is after the outfit change. I can take a better picture since I’m on console, but hopefully it’s clear enough to see it’s not the same Sim on her picture

Message 7 of 31 (7,502 Views)

Re: Sim icon showing a different looking Sim on a certain outfit

[ Edited ]
Hero

@midtwilightblue Did you tan your Sim in any ways ?

This is supposed to be fixed but that was what the issue was: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-IL-Sim-Portrait-are-different-with-tan/m-p/7964761

Can you pinpoint to always happen with a particular outfit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (7,453 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yep, that’s what it is. They had just came back from Sulani (trying to get rid of the random Thalassophobia moodlet) however, she had just lost her tan. I tried on pretty much all of her outfits and all where normal except the one for cold weather full body outfit from Seasons. (the one in this link)
https://simscommunity.info/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/06-22-18_10-17-28-PM.png
Message 9 of 31 (7,429 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@midtwilightblue Actually found a thread that's still open. Looks like it's still happening but not for everyone all the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (7,418 Views)