Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Endangered Fish stuck in inventory after releasing

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? v1.16
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except MFPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go fishing in Sulani (while keeping inventory tab open) until you caught an endangered species. Release the fish.
What happens when the bug occurs? Fish appears in inventory *after* releasing them and is unclickable. Happens with the first one of the same species only.
What do you expect to see? No new fish in inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 1 of 7 (1,071 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Endangered Fish stuck in inventory after releasing

Hero

Released Fish will actually be released back into the water and not be stored in Sims’ Inventory.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (772 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [XB1] Fish stuck in inventory after releasing

★★★★★ Novice
@kusurusu I have had this problem multiple times with another sims painting from the easel. If you can use the “Friendly gift” option when talking to another sim, just give them that fish as a gift and it will be removed from your sims inventory.
Message 2 of 7 (1,035 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I had this happen to me when I caught an endangered species in Sulani.

In my case the fish icon was gone after I cleared the cache and restarted the game.

Message 3 of 7 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Guide
I've had this happen every time I catch an endangered fish and then release it. It has happened a lot, since approximately 98% of my sims are fishing. Traveling will clear the fish from inventory, possibly also entering/exiting CAS. Just resetting the sim will not work.
Message 4 of 7 (978 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (940 Views)

★ Pro

Not sure why but after updating and starting a new game the issue seems to be fixed - fish are properly removed from inventory after setting them free.

Message 6 of 7 (931 Views)

Hero

Released Fish will actually be released back into the water and not be stored in Sims’ Inventory.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (773 Views)