Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Conservationist Career: No money from selling research da

by PebblesPetra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Conservationist Career: No money from selling research data

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. See description below.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have a sim in the conservationist career (marine biologist branch). One of the tasks is researching nature - the research data tapes can be sold/sent to work for little money + performance points. However, after awhile no money is received from selling these research data/sending them in. Job performance and ecology points still go up, though. This happenend in my game around level 6-7 of the career, I think. Restarting game and travelling didn't help.
What do you expect to see? Receiving money from selling the research data tapes in the conservationist career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a sim in the conservationist career (marine biologist branch). One of the tasks is researching nature - the research data tapes can be sold/sent to work for little money + performance points. However, after awhile no money is received from selling these research data/sending them in. Job performance and ecology points still go up, though.
This happenend in my game around level 6-7 of the career, I think.
Restarting game and travelling didn't help. 

Message 1 of 12 (2,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Conservationist Career: No money from selling research da

Hero

Fixed an issue in which Simoleons were not being granted after selling Research Data.

Fixed in Patch 1.61.15

This is still an open issue for console

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,990 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It happened right after the first notification about that Sulani was changing.

Message 3 of 12 (2,263 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just adding my "Me Too". I have two Conservationist sims, one in each branch. Neither get the payment from selling research data. In the early levels, they were getting paid. I can't really nail down when it happened, because I started saving the samples for both, because I wanted their logic levels to be maxed out to increase the success of researching the samples. Because of this, I didn't sell any research data after about level 4 logic and level 5 of the careers. It may be related to choosing a branch (when entering level 7 of the career)

Message 4 of 12 (2,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve also been having this problem. Additionally, I’m not receiving royalties for Nature Docs or books that I’ve written. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Turns out in order to earn some money you have to be in both branches at the same time (which isn't even possible).

<L>
<V t="career_test">
<U n="career_test">
<V n="test_type" t="career_track">
<U n="career_track">
<T n="career_track">204821<!--TunableCareerTrack: Conservationist_Track2_EnvironmentalManager--></T>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
<V t="career_test">
<U n="career_test">
<V n="test_type" t="career_track">
<U n="career_track">
<T n="career_track">204822<!--TunableCareerTrack: Conservationist_Track3_MarineBiologist--></T>
</U>
</V>
</U>
</V>
</L>

There are also a career level tests but those don't conflict

FYI: same L bracket = all requirements must be true

Message 6 of 12 (2,129 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@kusurusu

Well, it's really amazing how a programmer can make such a stupid error. It looks like he was really under a lot of pressure to finish it on time.
Message 7 of 12 (2,084 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's what I just discovered myself on this topic. I got money from it UNTIL I choose a path in the career, in my case Marine Biologist. After that I'm no longer getting any payment.

Message 8 of 12 (1,954 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kusurusu Oh that's interesting, so I suppose someone could do a fix-mod? Quite a newbie mistake by the coder I have to say, it should all be quite obvious in whatever program he uses to code it in that it's all under the same tag.
Message 9 of 12 (1,953 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Playing a new save today with a seasoned (experienced) Conservationist.
Still no payment for research data with level 10 Experimental Manager job.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
Game Version 1.59.73.1020 Patch 12Dec2019
All content installed thru Discover University
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 12 (1,810 Views)