by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Conservationist Career: Can't survey wildlife at waterfall

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.10..1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try the day job "Discover Wilderness of Mua Pel'am"at the waterfall
What happens when the bug occurs? there ist no option
What do you expect to see? that the hints of the day's task Info-Box are right. If the waterfall could be discovered, ok. If not, please changee the hint.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

How do you do the day job "Discover the Wilderness of Mua Pel'am" of the conservationist career at the waterfall? There is no such option as the info box suggests the day's task.

EDIT (crin)

It seems you have to attract frogs first and then it will appear.

Message 1 of 10 (6,904 Views)

Re: Waterfall can not be discovered for conversation career

Hero
@Fischreuse Could you post a German picture of the task ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (6,820 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I play in english, but when you get the work task to survey wildlife, the tooltip on the task specifically lists the waterfall as an option, but if you go to the waterfall there is no option to do so. Here is a screenshot https://imgur.com/a/jvuSSM4

Message 3 of 10 (6,804 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The pictures are very helpful. My first thought was that the task to 'survey' might be unlocked at the next career level. Then I realized you had completed two of the three actions of that task. Did you try taking a sample at the waterfall?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 10 (6,787 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No, it doesn't work. I have gotten a task on a different day to take samples from the waterfall, so it's a separate action. 

Luckily survey does appear in all the other places listed, so it doesn't prevent you from completing the daily task. It's more of a minor annoyance than game breaking.

Message 5 of 10 (6,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Conservator's nature career has a bug. Tasks to do at home are not adopted to sim career level. Similarly as in the career of a scientist. However, in the career of a scientist, you had several tasks to choose from. You were able to advance if only a few were completed. Theoretically, there are no similar such tasks in the conservator's career. However, this problem can be dealt with in two ways. One way depends on the player. If he sends out research data to the Institute, he will increase his career level. The second way depends on EA. If the "send data to Institute" is added to the to-do at home list, players will stop getting nervous when the task once again completed will not be approved by the game or if he does not have such an option in the game as above.

Data can be obtained by probing for example plants in the garden of the sim.

Message 6 of 10 (6,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Confirmation and observation. The Conservationist career does indeed have a bug. Not all of the work tasks are available options. In this case specifically the option to "survey" the waterfall.
I tested the career in a totally vanilla folder with a newly created Sim. Moved him into Caldera Camp in Mua Pel'am area of Sulani and had him join the Conservationist career.
He was promoted to level 2 on his second day of work. The option to survey was available at the waterfall. I took pictures to show the options etc and saved the game. The interesting part of this experiment was discovering the "survey" option would come and go for no apparent reason. There is no obvious trigger to make the option appear/disappear. I routinely repair and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Waterfall Survey 1.PNG

Waterfall Career Branch.PNG

Game Version 1.52.100.1020
All content installed thru Island Living.
PC / Win 7
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 7 of 10 (6,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Ok, this is a weird one @dnmartyn but try the attract frogs interaction first, then the survey option might pop up.  I've used that and had the option pop up without fail even though the survey option isn't there at the start for me either.

Message 8 of 10 (6,671 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@verfens wrote:

Ok, this is a weird one @dnmartyn but try the attract frogs interaction first, then the survey option might pop up.  I've used that and had the option pop up without fail even though the survey option isn't there at the start for me either.

By jove @verfens  I do believe you have found the magic combination!
The "survey" action is not there until I used the attract frogs interaction.
Now I attract frogs and then can survey every single time.
Thank you for that important observation.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 9 of 10 (6,637 Views)

Re: NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Conservationist Career: Can't survey wildlife at waterfall

Hero
Going to add this for now as it's weird why you have to attract frogs first.

This might be by design though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (6,591 Views)