Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attract frogs at the Waterfall at Mua Pel and then try to catch the little bastards.
What happens when the bug occurs? The success animation occurs, the frog ribbits, the sim seems happy and the inventory is empty.
What do you expect to see? A freaking frog.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Pretty much exactly as said. I send my mermaid to the waterfall, she has the collector aspiration so I want her to get ALL the frogs.  Or at least, three of them.  It looks like she manages to catch one and then... nothing is in her inventory. No frog. No nothing.  I've had it show up with other characters, so I don't know if it's just this one -- and I ported her to a fresh save to check this it still happens.

Any input would be awesome! 

Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (3,074 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [IL] Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory

Hero

Sims that have the Collector Aspiration Trait are now able to catch Frogs in Sulani as
part of their adventures exploring the island waterfall. Good Luck!

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (1,637 Views)

All Replies

Re: Caught Frogs Don't Appear in Inventory for Mermaid

Do you get a notification that a frog has been caught? Could you upload the Sim to the gallery so I can see if she'll catch some in my game?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 19 (3,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

She's on there. Ariel Marina.

And nope, no notification, but I've seen other sims actually CATCH the frogs and it gets the same happy sort of animation and then for her the Catch Frogs goes gray.

If you do it without CC to test it like I did she'll be bald, fair warning :P

Message 3 of 19 (3,030 Views)

Really weird, it's the Curator aspiration. For me, it fixes itself when you switch in game to something else and back. 

curat.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 19 (3,011 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Phantomlover1717 Oh wow, that's the weirdest glitch. I'll do that when I start my game back up. I didn't even think it might be the aspiration.
Message 5 of 19 (3,003 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I changed aspiration and changed it back and for me it still ins't working, caught frogs still aren't showing up in the inventory or even counting as caught, despite the success animation and the cool down being triggered. Pictured are 2 plantains found in the waterfall.  Pictured are no frogs (non further down either)

This is really frustraiting so any other advice you can give that might help fix it would be great, maybe at this point it is some of the CC but I have nothing that affects frogs in general, unless you think a custom aspiration is mucking things up somewhere.

TS4_x64 2019-06-29 20-59-49-109.jpg

Message 6 of 19 (2,996 Views)

I'd suggest taking the mods folder out and testing without. If it works with changing the aspiration then it's mod/CC related indeed. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 19 (2,979 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Phantomlover1717 Yeah, just tried that. Still no frogs. Whatever is doing this for me isn't custom content related. Though watching my bald sim play in the waterfall again was fun XD
Message 8 of 19 (2,968 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Sephirajo : Did you delete localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder in Documents after removing the mods and before testing it in-game?

Message 9 of 19 (2,964 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just did. (Thanks for the reminder)  And still no frog.

I can have her collect frogs other ways. She can get them from logs and has found them in her garden.

Message 10 of 19 (2,959 Views)