by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Can't sell conservationist canoe

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 5 of the Conservationist career, get the Conservationist Canoe as a reward and Try to sell it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on the Conservationist Canoe I just get the option to 'Place in world', and no option to sell it. After placing it in the world there is still no option to sell it, like you can do with other career rewards.
What do you expect to see? Being able to sell the Conservationist Canoe after you get it from level 5 of the Conservationist career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I want to be able to sell the Conservationist Canoe that I got when my sim reached level 5 of the Conservationist career, but there is no option for it anywhere.....

Edit: What I mean is I'm trying to drag it towards the sell button, but that doesn't work.

Message 1 of 12 (2,881 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] Can't sell conservationist canoe

Champion (Retired)

@AlHollandiyah 

You can only sell it from Build mode. You must place it on swimmable water on a lot you own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (2,794 Views)

★★ Guide

So basically if you live on a lot that is too small to place it and/or has no water, then you are stuck with that thing. Unless you try to analyse a sample and it goes poof without payment that is....

Message 3 of 12 (2,782 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yes but since you need to get around on the water anyway you can use it for that. If you already have an ordinary canoe you can sell that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (2,777 Views)

Hero
@AlHollandiyah It sounds like an oversight/bug.

Buy/Build seems like a workaround to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (2,771 Views)

★★ Guide

My mermaid sim swims faster then most canoes, therefore I don't need one. Also I can really use the 2k I got from selling it. But the canoe isn't the only thing you can't sell from the inventory, take the 'free' earbuds for example. You also have to place them in the world before being able to sell them. It seems to me that if something can be put in your sims inventory it should be sellable there. Especally things that you can't place in any but a few lots. And if you place them out of your lot on the water you also can't sell them. So that is a workaround with very some harsh conditions....

Message 6 of 12 (2,731 Views)

★ Guide

There are more such things. The Sycee of the Moon was brought into play a second time, so that it can be caught in the inventory when searching in the sand and can only be deposited in the world. Who needs that in the inventory?

Screenshot (1835).png

Message 7 of 12 (2,716 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse @AlHollandiyah

Could you guys create a thread each for the ear buds and The Sycee of the Moon

Best to track each items with the issue separately cause they will probably need to fix each one separately.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,685 Views)

★ Guide

Then you can delete my post here. I do not seem to be able to do that myself.

Message 9 of 12 (2,660 Views)

Hero
@Fischreuse What ? Make a new report ? I'll move stuff over once there's a new thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,653 Views)