Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Households with more than one Sim all start with 20k funds

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content thru Moschino SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household of any number of Sims. Make note of the amount of the starting funds.
What happens when the bug occurs? Starting funds are 20k no matter how many Sims are in the household.
What do you expect to see? Pro rated amount of Simoleons based on number of Sims in the household. Eight Sims should have more starting funds than a household of one or two.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure exactly when this started but noticed it after the 08August2019 patch.
Newly installed Origin and all Sims 4 content. Game has been repaired thru Origin and all cache files were deleted.
Households tested:
Roomies TellMyStory Four YA.
Lewis TellMyStory One YA.
Charley TellMyStory One YA.
Bunz One YA, one child and one toddler.
Blanders *Skilled* Two adults, one YA and two teens.
Nerd Herd Audition Eight YA.
In each of these cases the beginning funds was 20k but should have been different based on household size.

Test Households 20k each.PNG

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.54.120.1020 Patch 08Aug2019
All content installed thru Moschino Stuff Pack
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 22 (5,502 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Households with more than one Sim all start with 20k funds

Hero

Households downloaded from The Gallery should now have their starting funds set to the correct amount, and not just the base 20,000 Simoleons.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 22 (5,303 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Households all start with 20k regardless of number of Sims in the household

Champion (Retired)

Note: The households labeled TellMyStory #TS4TellMyStory were crafted in CAS Story Mode Minimum skills and CAS Story assigned jobs.
Initially their household funds varied when first created and placed in game. They all now show 20k Simoleons as starting funds for their households.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 22 (5,472 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue when I start a new save but when I use an existing save I did not notice any issues with a multi-sim household not having proper funds. I too have no idea when the issue started in my game as well. Vanilla game and fully patched.

Message 3 of 22 (5,384 Views)

Hero
@EuphorialQueen I'm guessing it's related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets-household/m...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (5,366 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:
@EuphorialQueenI'm guessing it's related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets-household/m...

I looked at that thread. But this seems different. I am either creating new households (not CAS story mode) or downloading my existing households.

They are being placed on their own lot and not being combined with other households already in the save.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 5 of 22 (5,350 Views)

Hero
@EuphorialQueen I tested this on a new save in my game now and I got §33'0000 with 8 Sims.

You say they were initially fine. What exactly does that mean ? Are they older families you have placed in the library or did you create them just now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (5,319 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:
@EuphorialQueenI tested this on a new save in my game now and I got §33'0000 with 8 Sims.

You say they were initially fine. What exactly does that mean ? Are they older families you have placed in the library or did you create them just now ?

The top three pictured Nerd Herd Audition (Oldest), Blanders *Skilled* and Bunz are from my gallery. 
They had funds that were more than 20k when initially placed. The remaining three shown were all CAS Story Mode. I did not expect them to retain their bonus funds but sis expect something other that the 20k allowed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 22 (5,312 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict 
Additional Testing: 02September2019
Reference
Households all start with 20k regardless of number of Sims in the household
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Households-all-start-with-20k-regardless-of-number-of-Sims-in/...
Reference
[OPEN] Adding new sims to existing households resets household funds
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets-household/m...
=====
Family structure: Adult Grandfather, YA, one teen and two children
Updated an existing family from Sept 2018
La Casa Azucar (original link)
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6DC75584854411E68F6C8DB56B977992
Created new family with same family structure in a new save.
Chu Family
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D19E4DB1CDD611E987BB5F3B037E5F47
=====
Family La Casa Azucar downloaded has §20,000 to start.
Chu Family fresh from CAS §28,000 to start.
=====
Uploaded the newly created Chu family to the gallery.
Closed the game and deleted the localthumbcache.package and all other cache files.
Opened a new save and downloaded the Chu household into a new save.
The downloaded family has only §20,000 to start.

Chu Money Test 090219.jpg

Based on this test I would say this is an issue with households shared to the gallery.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.54.120.1020 Patch 08Aug2019
All content installed thru Moschino Stuff Pack
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 8 of 22 (5,260 Views)

Starter Money Bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs,game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When Creating a new family in cas and moving to a lot
What happens when the bug occurs? The starter funds are wrong 20.000 Simoleons for 6 Sims
What do you expect to see? It should be more money for each sims in household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The Sims™ 4 29.09.2019 14_57_28.png

This is the picture of the bug

Message 9 of 22 (5,244 Views)

Re: Starter Money Bug

Hero
@AgnieszkaMaria81 Did you download them from the gallery or create from scratch in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (5,238 Views)