by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Household member asks for date

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Seasons, Realm of Magic, Star Wars, Tiny Living and Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load a household with two sims who are in love with each other. Travel with your sims (anywhere), then return home with only one sim. Wait. Occasionally the left behind sim will invite your active sim to a date despite them both belonging to the same household.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game thinks the sim currently not present on the home lot is a townie and pushes it to send townie-only phone calls (like date invites).
What do you expect to see? Sims from my active household never sending date invites or other phone calls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug seems not to be specific to dates, but all phone calls. I also had a teen sim out at the Bluffs and her mother called her, asking my teen when she'd come visit her. After the teenaged sim returned home, her mother expressed joy about her "visiting", despite them both being in the same household.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 5 (527 Views)
Highlighted

Re: household member asks for date

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt Are these blind dates and those NPC event type of phone calls or the regular date ones we had before the Eco pack ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (495 Views)

Champion

Both.

The date call was a generic date from before Blind Dates.
The "When will you visit your mother" call I think was introduced with Eco Lifestyle?

Message 3 of 5 (469 Views)

Hero
@EnkiSchmidt The NPC event is probably the same issue you reported here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-You-are-such-a-good-neighbor-isn-t-an-actual-neighbor... or even this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-New-phone-call-ignores-existing-relationship-status/td-... .. the game just takes ignores all constraints.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (447 Views)

Champion

That might be, yes. But this here is worse than the good neighbor event or Nancy calling Johnny. In both cases the sims involved belonged to different households. The issue I have here is that my both my sims, the caller and the called one, belonged to the same household. Yet the game treated one of them as a townie, just because she was on a different lot. That shouldn't happen Disappointed

Message 5 of 5 (426 Views)