[BY DESIGN] Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library)

by SweetieWright_84

Original Post

Re: Household Members Aren't Maintaining Friendships (from library)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict The update didn't change anything. It still loses friendships when you save the household to your Library and place them in a save. I also tried getting a household from the Gallery, cheated their friendships, saved them to my Library, and they lost their relationship points too. It seems to do it for every household, especially roommates. Of course the game defaults familial ties to 50% friendship, but it doesn't maintain any more than that. It seems the romance bar stays as it is, though I'm not 100% sure on that one. To test it out for yourself, you just need any roommate household. Cheat their friendship bar, save them to your library, then place them in the world. It will drop back to the default acquaintance.

Message 11 of 47 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I did test it out but mine were all older Sims I had saved to the gallery so maybe it only happens to newly uplaoded one.

Among others I had tested a couple who had both bars all the way up still after downloading.

Currently playing my modded game so I'll have to postpone testing more.

(did you test the gallery yet ? I have tested so much I might have messed up with that)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 47 (987 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wonder if it has something to do with CAS. Every household has to be saved through CAS in order to play them in other saves, so maybe it's a bug with that? I made a template save file with only my Sims and builds, so to keep time from passing in it but to allow the relationships, skills, and careers to be what I want, I would cheat those things in another save file I have for builds. So after I cheated all of the relationships, skills, and careers, I would save the established household to my Library through CAS. Then I would move them into the template save. I may start all over with the file and see if it's just corrupted or something. 

Message 13 of 47 (977 Views)

Hero
You've only tried library, not gallery, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 47 (974 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I tried the Gallery today. I downloaded a random roommates household, cheated the friendships, and saved the household to my Library. Then I put that household in the world, and it still happened. Every time, I've gone through CAS. When I downloaded that household their friendships were at the default acquaintance level. This was all in a new save, as well. Also, I downloaded them from the Gallery into CAS because (as you know) when you start a new save, it takes you straight to CAS. 

Message 15 of 47 (972 Views)

Hero
Now you're making me curious .. loading other setup

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 47 (968 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
If it helps, I just searched #roommates on the gallery. I chose the first one as a test.
Message 17 of 47 (965 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Sorry to spam you but I just tested a new save file. I went through all you have to to get to the world selection. Then I went into the BFF household, cheated their relationships. Saved them to the Library. Kicked the old household out, and added my saved one. It was still the same thing. Now, I'm really thinking it has something to do with CAS.
Message 18 of 47 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The premade family I uploaded to my gallery wasn't reset completly but maybe they have some base-friendship ? It was def. not the same as when I uploaded them.

The family I tried had everything intact (just downloaded from my gallery)

Tried two of my room mates who had no relationship but I coulnd't say what they had when I uploaded them (they are from the game)

Tried brother and sister, they seem at 50% as you say.

So it looks like the ones I downloaded and tested were probably all couples (they had both bars intact though) ? I can't remember it was all a bit much the past two weeks.

Tagging as needs input to get more voices for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 47 (954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The couples I've tried usually end up losing 50% of their friendship but the romance bar usually seems intact. Correct me if I'm wrong, most non-familial relationships start out as acquaintances with about 5-10% of friendship. I think that's the default. With romantic relationships, when cheating romance, they have to have at least 50% friendship in order to be able to cheat their romance past 50%. ETA: Another thing I've noticed (which I think is by design), is in order to cheat the romance bar to the red, you have to first have it in the pink. For example, if you take two random sims and make them divorced, you first have to have their romance in the pink before you can send it into the red. Once again, I think that's by design because it's always been that way. 

Message 20 of 47 (944 Views)